Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Graph Algorithm Boost

Graph Algorithm Boost

Michal Sekletar

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on compiler for new type of configuration
language. Language is domain-specific focused on network description. As
we all know network consists of network devices like routers and
switches etc...I build a graph structure representing network topology
and now I'd like to perform some computation using this graph structure
to reveal some logic errors in network design.
For representing network topology I've used adjacency_list from
BGL(boost graph lib). First I want to start with simple heuristic,
please consider following example.

A ---------B D------E
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /

A, B, C, D, E are routers in some area and they are talking to each
other using OSPF routing protocol. In this example there is no
connection between segments ABC and DE, and this might be possible error
and I'd like to find out this fact and print out a warning.
I want to use some graph algorithm, in this case simple breadth first
search should do the trick and reveal that segments ABC and DE are
disjoint. Algorithm should end up with empty queue having any vertices
to expand but there will be some undiscovered vertices because graph is
disjoint.

Problem is that I don't how to use boost graph algorithms properly,
because there are templates and meta-programming all over and I am
pretty confused.

Any advices/tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
Michal Sekletar

Victor Bazarov

On 3/4/2011 4:14 AM, Michal Sekletar wrote:
> I am currently working on [...]
>
> Problem is that I don't how to use boost graph algorithms properly,
> because there are templates and meta-programming all over and I am
> pretty confused.
>
> Any advices/tips would be appreciated.

Have you tried their online discussion forums?