Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Set up Wireless Access Points Automatically

Set up Wireless Access Points Automatically

Colin Weir

Hi There

I'm in the process of installing a wireless network in a large
building and I am having to use one wireless router and four wireless
access points. The wireless access points will be wired directly to
the router and not being used as wireless repeaters.

What I would like to know is if it is possible for me if I was to
change the password for the wireless on the router would it be
possible for this to be passed to the access points automatically or
would each hae to be done seperately?

Thanks

Colin

Brian Cryer

"Colin Weir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi There
>
> I'm in the process of installing a wireless network in a large
> building and I am having to use one wireless router and four wireless
> access points. The wireless access points will be wired directly to
> the router and not being used as wireless repeaters.
>
> What I would like to know is if it is possible for me if I was to
> change the password for the wireless on the router would it be
> possible for this to be passed to the access points automatically or
> would each hae to be done seperately?

None of the wireless access points I've used would allow me to configure one
and have the changes propogate to the others. Whilst there might be a brand
of WAP out there which would allow this, I've not come accross one which
does what you are after. So I think you are looking at configurating each
one individually.
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian