Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Stupid eclipse/android question

Stupid eclipse/android question

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

I enter a debugging session, but I don't know how to get out of it.
The only options I can see are suspend and resume???

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology

Stefan Ram

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>I enter a debugging session, but I don't know how to get out of it.
>The only options I can see are suspend and resume???

Do you want to change the perspective back from the
debug perspective to the Java perspective?

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

On 28/02/2011 18:05, Stefan Ram wrote:
> Dirk Bruere at NeoPax<(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> I enter a debugging session, but I don't know how to get out of it.
>> The only options I can see are suspend and resume???

> Do you want to change the perspective back from the
> debug perspective to the Java perspective?

I want to get out of debug and just run the program again.
The only way I can do that at present is to kill the emulator and do a
new build. Changing perspectives is not a problem.

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology

Stefan Ram

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>I want to get out of debug and just run the program again.
>The only way I can do that at present is to kill the emulator and do a
>new build. Changing perspectives is not a problem.

IIRC, Eclipse has a button with a red square to stop a process.

http://www.my28msec.com/images/suppo...n_project8.png

The red button in the debug perspective:

http://musarra.files.wordpress.com/2...psedebug_b.png

Screamin Lord Byron

On 28.02.2011 20:05, Stefan Ram wrote:
> Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> I want to get out of debug and just run the program again.
>> The only way I can do that at present is to kill the emulator and do a
>> new build. Changing perspectives is not a problem.

> IIRC, Eclipse has a button with a red square to stop a process.
>
> http://www.my28msec.com/images/suppo...n_project8.png
>
> The red button in the debug perspective:
>
> http://musarra.files.wordpress.com/2...psedebug_b.png

But be sure to first choose "ApplicationName [Android Application]" item
in the debug window. If you choose anything else, the red button will be
disabled.

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

On 28/02/2011 19:26, Screamin Lord Byron wrote:
> On 28.02.2011 20:05, Stefan Ram wrote:
>> Dirk Bruere at NeoPax<(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>> I want to get out of debug and just run the program again.
>>> The only way I can do that at present is to kill the emulator and do a
>>> new build. Changing perspectives is not a problem.

>> IIRC, Eclipse has a button with a red square to stop a process.
>>
>> http://www.my28msec.com/images/suppo...n_project8.png
>>
>> The red button in the debug perspective:
>>
>> http://musarra.files.wordpress.com/2...psedebug_b.png

> But be sure to first choose "ApplicationName [Android Application]" item
> in the debug window. If you choose anything else, the red button will be
> disabled.

Thanks all.
I've got a red zigzag saying "Disconnect" that seems to work

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology

Daniele Futtorovic

On 28/02/2011 21:14, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax allegedly wrote:
> On 28/02/2011 19:26, Screamin Lord Byron wrote:
>>>
>>> IIRC, Eclipse has a button with a red square to stop a process.
>>>
>>> http://www.my28msec.com/images/suppo...n_project8.png
>>>

>>> The red button in the debug perspective:
>>>
>>> http://musarra.files.wordpress.com/2...psedebug_b.png
>>>

>> But be sure to first choose "ApplicationName [Android Application]" item
>> in the debug window. If you choose anything else, the red button will be
>> disabled.

> Thanks all.
> I've got a red zigzag saying "Disconnect" that seems to work

Please don't tell me you pressed the red button.

Oh shi-

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

On 28/02/2011 20:29, Daniele Futtorovic wrote:
> On 28/02/2011 21:14, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax allegedly wrote:

>>> But be sure to first choose "ApplicationName [Android Application]" item
>>> in the debug window. If you choose anything else, the red button will be
>>> disabled.

>> Thanks all.
>> I've got a red zigzag saying "Disconnect" that seems to work
>>

> Please don't tell me you pressed the red button.
>
> Oh shi-

The one that said "Do Not Press"?
Er... no.
Of course not.

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology

Stefan Ram

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>On 28/02/2011 20:29, Daniele Futtorovic wrote:
>> Please don't tell me you pressed the red button.

>The one that said "Do Not Press"?

»You acknowledge that Licensed Software is not designed
or intended for use in the design, construction,
operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility.«

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/j2re-...2-license.html

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

On 28/02/2011 20:42, Stefan Ram wrote:
> Dirk Bruere at NeoPax<(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> On 28/02/2011 20:29, Daniele Futtorovic wrote:
>>> Please don't tell me you pressed the red button.

>> The one that said "Do Not Press"?

> »You acknowledge that Licensed Software is not designed
> or intended for use in the design, construction,
> operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility.«
>
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/j2re-...2-license.html

****.
Back to Basic for my home nuke then.

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology

stupid, STUPID question! rincewind HTML 25 05-08-2009 01:07 PM
stupid question...waiting for a stupid answer Brandon McCombs Java 4 08-28-2006 06:57 PM
stupid stupid stupid kpg MCSE 17 11-26-2004 02:59 PM
Stupid is as Stupid Does! Michael P Gabriel Digital Photography 3 06-26-2004 12:49 PM

Advertisments