Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > I'm happy with Python 2.5

I'm happy with Python 2.5

alex23

Steven D'Aprano <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> The question that needs to be asked is not "Is Python 3 fast?", but
> instead "Is Python 3 fast enough?".

I'm certainly not going to argue against that, I just don't find the
coding contortions used on sites like spoj.pl for performance gains to
be anything approximating real world code. I will happily sacrifice
weird performance trickery for language consistency or performance
stability any day.

But at the same time, I read every single article on PyPy's ongoing
development that I can

OT: Happy Happy Joy Joy! Mike T. MCSE 79 11-19-2006 08:22 PM
[QUIZ SOLUTION] Happy Numbers (#93) - happy bases Daniel Martin Ruby 1 09-06-2006 07:06 PM
HEXUS.opinions :: Have a happy happy gaming holiday Silverstrand Front Page News 0 12-23-2005 04:12 PM
Happy Happy Joy Joy, I recovered my photos Tama Mativa Digital Photography 9 05-24-2004 04:58 PM
happy happy christmas showgun MCSE 26 12-17-2003 07:11 PM

Advertisments