Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] Don't forget to send a few "Ms" for next Thursday

Re: [SI] Don't forget to send a few "Ms" for next Thursday

Robert Coe

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:41:58 -0500, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: Yes, the "M" mandate is due in just a short week. Amazingly, I was in
: Florida this week and failed to get a shot of Mickey Mouse. Maybe next
: time. I was in EPCOT, the mouse was not. Wait! Does Mary Poppins count?
:
: The gallery will be here:
: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_m
:
:
: The Rulz and other info about the Shoot-In can be found here:
: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

<gulp!> I thought we had until a week from Sunday. I should have looked at the
calendar to see when the date actually fell. :^|

I'm already editing two photo shoots from this week for work, with another
coming up on Monday. And I'm unusually busy with the computer part of my job
(the part that determines whether I actually get paid) just now. So I may be
amongst the missing this time. But I think Martha said she has her "M" shots
in order.

Bob

Pete

On 2011-02-25 22:50:41 +0000, Robert Coe said:

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:41:58 -0500, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> : Yes, the "M" mandate is due in just a short week. Amazingly, I was in
> : Florida this week and failed to get a shot of Mickey Mouse. Maybe next
> : time. I was in EPCOT, the mouse was not. Wait! Does Mary Poppins count?
> :
> : The gallery will be here:
> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_m
> :
> :
> : The Rulz and other info about the Shoot-In can be found here:
> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
>
> <gulp!> I thought we had until a week from Sunday. I should have looked at the
> calendar to see when the date actually fell. :^|
>
> I'm already editing two photo shoots from this week for work, with another
> coming up on Monday. And I'm unusually busy with the computer part of my job
> (the part that determines whether I actually get paid) just now. So I may be
> amongst the missing this time. But I think Martha said she has her "M" shots
> in order.

How about submitting one of Martha's as your own :^)

--
Pete

tony cooper

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:50:41 -0500, Robert Coe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:41:58 -0500, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>: Yes, the "M" mandate is due in just a short week. Amazingly, I was in
>: Florida this week and failed to get a shot of Mickey Mouse. Maybe next
>: time. I was in EPCOT, the mouse was not. Wait! Does Mary Poppins count?
>:
>: The gallery will be here:
>: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_m
>:
>:
>: The Rulz and other info about the Shoot-In can be found here:
>: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
>
><gulp!> I thought we had until a week from Sunday. I should have looked at the
>calendar to see when the date actually fell. :^|
>
>I'm already editing two photo shoots from this week for work, with another
>coming up on Monday. And I'm unusually busy with the computer part of my job
>(the part that determines whether I actually get paid) just now. So I may be
>amongst the missing this time. But I think Martha said she has her "M" shots
>in order.

I have my three, two of which are intended as humorous but may prove
Bruce to be right in that SI submissions are nothing but crap.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

PeterN

On 2/25/2011 8:30 PM, tony cooper wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:50:41 -0500, Robert Coe<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:41:58 -0500, Bowser<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> : Yes, the "M" mandate is due in just a short week. Amazingly, I was in
>> : Florida this week and failed to get a shot of Mickey Mouse. Maybe next
>> : time. I was in EPCOT, the mouse was not. Wait! Does Mary Poppins count?
>> :
>> : The gallery will be here:
>> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_m
>> :
>> :
>> : The Rulz and other info about the Shoot-In can be found here:
>> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
>>
>> <gulp!> I thought we had until a week from Sunday. I should have looked at the
>> calendar to see when the date actually fell. :^|
>>
>> I'm already editing two photo shoots from this week for work, with another
>> coming up on Monday. And I'm unusually busy with the computer part of my job
>> (the part that determines whether I actually get paid) just now. So I may be
>> amongst the missing this time. But I think Martha said she has her "M" shots
>> in order.
>>

> I have my three, two of which are intended as humorous but may prove
> Bruce to be right in that SI submissions are nothing but crap.

Just a guess. Has the subject been translated in order to create the "M"
title?

--
Peter

Robert Coe

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 15:49:32 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
: On 2011-02-25 15:44:54 -0800, Pete
: <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
:
: > On 2011-02-25 22:50:41 +0000, Robert Coe said:
: >
: >> On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:41:58 -0500, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: >> : Yes, the "M" mandate is due in just a short week. Amazingly, I was in
: >> : Florida this week and failed to get a shot of Mickey Mouse. Maybe next
: >> : time. I was in EPCOT, the mouse was not. Wait! Does Mary Poppins count?
: >> :
: >> : The gallery will be here:
: >> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_m
: >> :
: >> :
: >> : The Rulz and other info about the Shoot-In can be found here:
: >> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
: >>
: >> <gulp!> I thought we had until a week from Sunday. I should have looked at the
: >> calendar to see when the date actually fell. :^|
: >>
: >> I'm already editing two photo shoots from this week for work, with another
: >> coming up on Monday. And I'm unusually busy with the computer part of my job
: >> (the part that determines whether I actually get paid) just now. So I may be
: >> amongst the missing this time. But I think Martha said she has her "M" shots
: >> in order.
: >
: > How about submitting one of Martha's as your own :^)

I don't dare do that two months in a row!

: It could be titled, "My Martha Masterpiece".

Ya know, by one definition, everything she submits is an "M", isn't it?

How about a roll of Scotch tape? Is it still made by a company called
"Minnesots Mining & Manufacturing"?

Bob

tony cooper

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 06:00:43 -0500, PeterN
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 2/25/2011 8:30 PM, tony cooper wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:50:41 -0500, Robert Coe<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 08:41:58 -0500, Bowser<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> : Yes, the "M" mandate is due in just a short week. Amazingly, I was in
>>> : Florida this week and failed to get a shot of Mickey Mouse. Maybe next
>>> : time. I was in EPCOT, the mouse was not. Wait! Does Mary Poppins count?
>>> :
>>> : The gallery will be here:
>>> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_m
>>> :
>>> :
>>> : The Rulz and other info about the Shoot-In can be found here:
>>> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
>>>
>>> <gulp!> I thought we had until a week from Sunday. I should have looked at the
>>> calendar to see when the date actually fell. :^|
>>>
>>> I'm already editing two photo shoots from this week for work, with another
>>> coming up on Monday. And I'm unusually busy with the computer part of my job
>>> (the part that determines whether I actually get paid) just now. So I may be
>>> amongst the missing this time. But I think Martha said she has her "M" shots
>>> in order.
>>>

>> I have my three, two of which are intended as humorous but may prove
>> Bruce to be right in that SI submissions are nothing but crap.
>>

>Just a guess. Has the subject been translated in order to create the "M"
>title?

You'll see next week. You can rule out "moth", though. I was going
to try to duplicate our Troll's detailed rare moth photos, but decided
it would be too much work cleaning the peanut butter off my lens
afterward.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida