Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Update On The Windows Phone 7 Update Update

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

If you remember, Microsoft pushed out an update for Windows Phone 7
recently. This wasn’t actually the long-anticipated Windows Phone 7 update
as such, but an update to the updating process to ensure that the actual
update would go more smoothly.

Well, guess what: this update update has gone far from smoothly, with
Microsoft now admitting that 10% of Windows Phone 7 users have failed in
trying to apply this update update
<http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/10-percent-of-windows-phone-7-update-installations-failed/11605>.
Some have even managed to brick their phones.

So now we have to wait for the update update update to fix the update
update. Then at some point after successfully applying the updated update
update, users should be able to apply the update that the update update was
supposed to help with.

Gib Bogle

> If you remember, Microsoft pushed out an update for Windows Phone 7
> recently. This wasn’t actually the long-anticipated Windows Phone 7 update
> as such, but an update to the updating process to ensure that the actual
> update would go more smoothly.
>
> Well, guess what: this update update has gone far from smoothly, with
> Microsoft now admitting that 10% of Windows Phone 7 users have failed in
> trying to apply this update update
> <http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/10-percent-of-windows-phone-7-update-installations-failed/11605>.
> Some have even managed to brick their phones.
>
> So now we have to wait for the update update update to fix the update
> update....

We? You have one of these phones? That surprises me.

Another Me

> So now we have to wait for the update update update to fix the update
> update. Then at some point after successfully applying the updated update
> update, users should be able to apply the update that the update update was
> supposed to help with.

How are the Android updates coming along? How many of them are
upgradable to the latest version.

And don't come up with that custom ROM crap, you lose all the Google
branded applications that way