Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Suggestion Reqd for Designing a Website in Python

Suggestion Reqd for Designing a Website in Python

joy99

Dear Group,
I have developed one big Machine Learning software a Machine
Translation system in Python.
Now, I am thinking to make a User Interface of it and upload it in a
web site.

My questions are:
(i) For Designing an interface I am choosing Tkinter. Is it fine?
(ii) How to connect this interface with my Tkinter based interface -
should I have to recode the whole system?
(iii) After designing I want to upload now how to do the server side
scripting?

If anyone can suggest it would be of great help.

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
Subhabrata.

joy99

On Feb 25, 12:36*pm, Tim Roberts <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> joy99 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Dear Group,
> >I have developed one big Machine Learning software a Machine
> >Translation system in Python.
> >Now, I am thinking to make a User Interface of it and upload it in a
> >web site.

> Do you mean you want people to download this from a web site as an
> executable, and then run it locally on their computers? *Or do you meanyou
> want people to use this as a web site, using their web browsers? *The
> answers are very different.
>
> >My questions are:
> >(i) For Designing an interface I am choosing Tkinter. Is it fine?
> >(ii) How to connect this interface with my Tkinter based interface -
> >should I have to recode the whole system?
> >(iii) After designing I want to upload now how to do the server side
> >scripting?

> Question (i) implies that you want the first option (download an executable
> and run it). *Question (iii) implies the second (that you want your appto
> run on a web server so people use it through your browser). *Please
> clarify.
> --
> Tim Roberts, (E-Mail Removed)
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Thank you for your kind reply.
I want to design an interface like Google Translate. So that users can
paste text (of any length)-or may browse files which can be uploaded,
and one user interface for filling up form, so that attached files
after translation may be sent back to the given e-mail id as an
attached file(.pdf/.txt).
Best Regards,
Subhabrata.

Daniel Fetchinson

>> >I have developed one big Machine Learning software a Machine
>> >Translation system in Python.
>> >Now, I am thinking to make a User Interface of it and upload it in a
>> >web site.

>> Do you mean you want people to download this from a web site as an
>> executable, and then run it locally on their computers? Or do you mean
>> you
>> want people to use this as a web site, using their web browsers? The
>> answers are very different.
>>
>> >My questions are:
>> >(i) For Designing an interface I am choosing Tkinter. Is it fine?
>> >(ii) How to connect this interface with my Tkinter based interface -
>> >should I have to recode the whole system?
>> >(iii) After designing I want to upload now how to do the server side
>> >scripting?

>> Question (i) implies that you want the first option (download an
>> executable
>> and run it). Question (iii) implies the second (that you want your app to
>> run on a web server so people use it through your browser). Please
>> clarify.
>> --
>> Tim Roberts, (E-Mail Removed)
>> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

> Thank you for your kind reply.
> I want to design an interface like Google Translate. So that users can
> paste text (of any length)-or may browse files which can be uploaded,
> and one user interface for filling up form, so that attached files
> after translation may be sent back to the given e-mail id as an
> attached file(.pdf/.txt).
> Best Regards,
> Subhabrata.

In this case you are looking for a web application framework. There
are many written in python, a good place to start would be:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks

My personal opinion is that the 3 top frameworks to consider are: (1)
django (2) turbogears (3) web2py. You need to decide for yourself
which one use choose, you may even choose something other than these
3, there are tons more.

Cheers,
Daniel

joy99

On Feb 25, 8:03*pm, Daniel Fetchinson <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> >> Do you mean you want people to download this from a web site as an
> >> executable, and then run it locally on their computers? *Or do you mean
> >> you
> >> want people to use this as a web site, using their web browsers? *The
> >> answers are very different.

> >> Question (i) implies that you want the first option (download an
> >> executable
> >> and run it). *Question (iii) implies the second (that you want your app to
> >> run on a web server so people use it through your browser). *Please
> >> clarify.
> >> --
> >> Tim Roberts, (E-Mail Removed)
> >> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

> > Thank you for your kind reply.
> > I want to design an interface like Google Translate. So that users can
> > paste text (of any length)-or may browse files which can be uploaded,
> > and one user interface for filling up form, so that attached files
> > after translation may be sent back to the given e-mail id as an
> > attached file(.pdf/.txt).
> > Best Regards,
> > Subhabrata.

> In this case you are looking for a web application framework. There
> are many written in python, a good place to start would be:
>
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/WebFrameworks
>
> My personal opinion is that the 3 top frameworks to consider are: (1)
> django (2) turbogears (3) web2py. You need to decide for yourself
> which one use choose, you may even choose something other than these
> 3, there are tons more.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> --