Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Out of Frequency range H:29.2KHZ ...

Out of Frequency range H:29.2KHZ ...

dellhelp dellhelp is offline
Junior Member

I have a Dell with Windows XP and it only turns on to a 'Out of Frequency Range' screen. It sounds like it is going to turn on, but doesn't show the windows xp screen or anything.

1. I press the power button, the little white letters at the top left hand side that always show up when I turn the computer on are there, for literally a second, before the screen goes black with a blue box in the middle.

2. Inside the blue box, at the top, it says 'Out of Frequency Range'. There is a smaller box under the words that's white, inside of that box, is a smaller rectangular one that has a red section l green section l blue section. There are no words in the little box with the colors or the white box.

3. Underneath the white box, back in the blue one, it says 'Attention out of Range'. Below that it says H:29.2kHZ V:55.7HZ

F8 does nothing. It doesn't take me to safe mode, just turns the screen black for a second before the same one shows up again. This all happened after my sister played a game on my computer. Is there anything I can do to fix it? A different way to get to Safe mode maybe? THANKS!