Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Scrollbars? I don't want them

Re: Scrollbars? I don't want them

cwdjrxyz

On Feb 16, 3:28*pm, Mike <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> More of a CSS question.
> I seem to remember a way to make IE turn off scroll bars.
> I am using HTML pages in a VB app and want it's scroll bar off.

Below is what I use to turn off scroll bars on both IE browsers and
also other browsers:

body {
overflow:hidden;
}
html, body { overflow: hidden; }

This works on IE9-beta as well as older IE and also on 6 other popular
browsers that I have installed. It will work on the main page or on
another page embedded in the main page using proper object embeds all
the way up through xhtml 1.1, html5, and xhtml5.