Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Recommendations for indenters

Recommendations for indenters

m0shbear

Which indenters do you folks have a preference for?
While /usr/bin/indent -linux does a good job, it's not exactly C++
aware and I have to sed some parts afterward.
Are there C++-aware batch-mode indenters which do a great job?

Ian Collins

On 02/17/11 03:13 PM, m0shbear wrote:
> Which indenters do you folks have a preference for?
> While /usr/bin/indent -linux does a good job, it's not exactly C++
> aware and I have to sed some parts afterward.
> Are there C++-aware batch-mode indenters which do a great job?

Set up your editor to indent to your style.

--
Ian Collins

Jonathan Lee

On Feb 16, 8:13*pm, m0shbear <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Which indenters do you folks have a preference for?
> While /usr/bin/indent -linux does a good job, it's not exactly C++
> aware and I have to sed some parts afterward.
> Are there C++-aware batch-mode indenters which do a great job?

I've found astyle and uncrustify to be pretty good

Puppet_Sock

On Feb 16, 9:13*pm, m0shbear <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Which indenters do you folks have a preference for?
> While /usr/bin/indent -linux does a good job, it's not exactly C++
> aware and I have to sed some parts afterward.
> Are there C++-aware batch-mode indenters which do a great job?

Heh. I usuallly invoke one of the member functions
of a JuniorProgrammer object to do things like that.

Socks