Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > SMC wireless adapter USB or PCMCIA?

SMC wireless adapter USB or PCMCIA?

Jose

Hi, I am thinking of getting a SMC wireless router. Right now there are kit
being sold with either a USB wireless network adapter or a PCMCIA wireless
BusCard. The router supports the 108mbps. Anyway, any pros/cons between
USB vs PCMCIA? I will be using the wireless adapter on a laptop. Or maybe
if performance wise they are the same, if I get the USB one then I can carry
it around and plug it in my desktop computer(s) too.

Any opinion on this matter?

Let me know.

Thanks,

JB..

Jack

Hi

There should not be any performance differences between the two.

However, a USB FOR Laptop is not very comfortable to use (king of making the
portable less portable). Therefore, it is up to you and your finance, I
would buy a PCMCIA Kit and a separate USB if necessary.

Jack (MVP-Networking).