Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > execution directory

execution directory

Shyamsunder S

I am using visual studio c++ 2008.

I want to add some files to the execution directory. how shall I do it?

Victor Bazarov

On 2/15/2011 4:56 AM, Shyamsunder S wrote:
> I am using visual studio c++ 2008.
>
> I want to add some files to the execution directory. how shall I do it?

How about using Windows Explorer and using copy-and-paste? That should
work just nicely.

What was your C++ language question?

Shyamsunder S

On Feb 15, 5:55*pm, Victor Bazarov <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 2/15/2011 4:56 AM, Shyamsunder S wrote:
>
> > I am using visual studio c++ 2008.

> > I want to add some files to the execution directory. how shall I do it?

> How about using Windows Explorer and using copy-and-paste? *That should
> work just nicely.
>
> What was your C++ language question?

I don't understand. where to copy and past the files in explorer? and
how will pasting there will have an affect on the visual studio c++
project?

First where is the execution directory? Is it Additional dependencies
in Linker->Input??

Jorgen Grahn

On Tue, 2011-02-15, Shyamsunder S wrote:
> On Feb 15, 5:55*pm, Victor Bazarov <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 2/15/2011 4:56 AM, Shyamsunder S wrote:
>>
>> > I am using visual studio c++ 2008.

>> > I want to add some files to the execution directory. how shall I do it?

>> How about using Windows Explorer and using copy-and-paste? *That should
>> work just nicely.
>>
>> What was your C++ language question?

> I don't understand. where to copy and past the files in explorer? and
> how will pasting there will have an affect on the visual studio c++
> project?

I think Victor was making a joke, and also saying your question was
offtopic (compiler-specific and not related to the C++ language).

> First where is the execution directory? Is it Additional dependencies
> in Linker->Input??

I don't think we know what an "execution directory" is.

/Jorgen

--
// Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
\X/ snipabacken.se> O o .

K4 Monk

On Feb 15, 2:56*pm, Shyamsunder S <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am using visual studio c++ 2008.
>
> I want to add some files to the execution directory. how shall I do it?

I think Indians should stop pursuing programming and software
development as a career.

Öö Tiib

On Feb 24, 2:15*pm, K4 Monk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2:56*pm, Shyamsunder S <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I am using visual studio c++ 2008.

> > I want to add some files to the execution directory. how shall I do it?

> I think Indians should stop pursuing programming and software
> development as a career.

They are willing to learn. You are willing to whine. Who will win that
competition?

Rohit Tripathi

On Feb 24, 10:28*pm, Öö Tiib <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2:15*pm, K4 Monk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 15, 2:56*pm, Shyamsunder S <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > I am using visual studio c++ 2008.

> > > I want to add some files to the execution directory. how shall I do it?

> > I think Indians should stop pursuing programming and software
> > development as a career.

> They are willing to learn

They are "forced" to learn. There's a difference.

Öö Tiib

On Feb 24, 10:09*pm, Rohit Tripathi <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On Feb 24, 10:28*pm, Öö Tiib <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > I think Indians should stop pursuing programming and software
> > > development as a career.

> > They are willing to learn

> They are "forced" to learn. There's a difference.

My impression is that your people are often being too nice. They do
not refuse even when they see that they can not possibly achieve what
was required. They hope that perhaps they get lucky and figure it out.
That is the main problem behind failures that i have observed.