Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > No wireless networks found??!?!?!?

No wireless networks found??!?!?!?

=?Utf-8?B?VHViYWJlbg==?=

I'm using a Compaq Presario R3000 laptop with a Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
wireless network card. I have cable internet hooked up to a D-link Wirelesss
108G Router. My friends are having no problem connecting to it, but my
computer can't find any wireless network in range. I tried taking my
computer over to another friends network and I also couldn't connect. Anyone
know why this is not working?

atec

Tubaben wrote:

> I'm using a Compaq Presario R3000 laptop with a Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
> wireless network card. I have cable internet hooked up to a D-link Wirelesss
> 108G Router. My friends are having no problem connecting to it, but my
> computer can't find any wireless network in range. I tried taking my
> computer over to another friends network and I also couldn't connect. Anyone
> know why this is not working?

Have you tried stopping the firewall ?

Malke

atec wrote:

> Tubaben wrote:
>
>> I'm using a Compaq Presario R3000 laptop with a Broadcom 802.11b/g
>> WLAN
>> wireless network card. I have cable internet hooked up to a D-link
>> Wirelesss
>> 108G Router. My friends are having no problem connecting to it, but
>> my
>> computer can't find any wireless network in range. I tried taking my
>> computer over to another friends network and I also couldn't connect.
>> Anyone know why this is not working?

> Have you tried stopping the firewall ?

Don't stop the firewall; that would be dangerous. Are you sure your
wireless is turned on? There is a button on most Compaqs that will
light up when the wireless is on. It looks kind of like a little radio
tower.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Jack Barrett

Fn key and F2 at the same time on most wireless laptops. Looks like a radio
tower with a crossed circle if it's off.
You may not have the wireless connection switch turned off even though you
get the icon in the system tray.
Let me know how you make out.

Jack Barrett
"Experience is the Best Teacher of Technology"

news:(E-Mail Removed)...