Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Camera & Lens producers and this news grope!!!

Re: Camera & Lens producers and this news grope!!!

tony cooper

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:15:47 -0500, Alan Browne
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 2011.02.13 11:06 , Jake wrote:
>
>> But it has to be said.
>>
>> *Both these newsgroups are infested with*
>> *Trolls and their many SockPuppets.*

>It doesn't need to be said at all.
>
>Trolls simply need to be starved.
>
>Only known starvation: Do not reply to them. (And, yes, I make the
>mistake of doing so from time to time).

There are some things we shouldn't do, but we do them because they
entertain us. For example, it is not at all nice to aggravate the
monkeys in the zoo by standing in front of their cages and pulling
faces at them and making noises. It's cruel to bait them like this.

Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
worked up.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Ofnuts

On 02/13/2011 05:46 PM, tony cooper wrote:

> Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
> like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
> worked up.

.... the goal being to have him make another preposterous claim about his
life, his photographic skills, or the capabilities of his cameras.
--
Bertrand

SMS

On 2/13/2011 9:11 AM, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2011.02.13 11:46 , tony cooper wrote:
>
>> Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
>> like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
>> worked up.

> Does nothing for your dignity, reputation or well being.

Filters are your friend!

tony cooper

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:40:06 -0600, Geoff G <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:46:26 -0500, tony cooper
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:15:47 -0500, Alan Browne
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>It doesn't need to be said at all.
>>>
>>>Trolls simply need to be starved.
>>>
>>>Only known starvation: Do not reply to them. (And, yes, I make the
>>>mistake of doing so from time to time).

>>There are some things we shouldn't do, but we do them because they
>>entertain us. For example, it is not at all nice to aggravate the
>>monkeys in the zoo by standing in front of their cages and pulling
>>faces at them and making noises. It's cruel to bait them like this.
>>
>>Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
>>like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
>>worked up.
>>

>Your badly done crapshots and this comment of yours proves exactly what's
>been said about you all along. That you're nothing but a lying, libelous,
>slanderous **** of a troll. Judging by your crapshots it is safe to assume
>that you'll never be more than that. Thanks for confirming it all with your
>own words.

You've been caught on video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DBuk...eature=related
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

tony cooper

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 12:11:03 -0500, Alan Browne
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 2011.02.13 11:46 , tony cooper wrote:
>
>> Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
>> like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
>> worked up.

>Does nothing for your dignity, reputation or well being.

I really don't worry about my dignity as represented in this group.
I've been humbled in real life too many times to worry about my online
life. It started one day in grade school when I went to the restroom
and returned to class having forgotten to zip up my fly and with a bit
of my shirt-tail poking through...right in front of a girl I had a
crush on.

I don't know what kind of reputation I have here. Pedant? Mediocre
photographer? Troll-baiter? A person uninterested in the
overly-technical aspects of the photographic medium? (I don't care
how the size of a pixel is defined; I care how the pixels are arranged
in what I photographed.)

My well-being is always enhanced by laughter even if it's no more than
a snarky snort. "LOL" makes me laugh because he tries so hard to be
taken seriously and is so obviously undeserving of being taken
seriously. The paradox amuses me.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

John A.

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:45:55 -0600, Schneider <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 18:15:23 +0100, Ofnuts <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>On 02/13/2011 05:46 PM, tony cooper wrote:
>>
>>> Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
>>> like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
>>> worked up.

>>... the goal being to have him make another preposterous claim about his
>>life, his photographic skills, or the capabilities of his cameras.

>That's the actions of a pure troll. You now all proudly qualify to be part
>of the resident-troll-pack. Just as it's always been said about you. Now
>validated and confirmed in your own words.
>
>btw: Why would anyone who is successful and talented want to or feel the
>need to prove anything to low-lives like you. Think about it. You have the
>time.

Dance, monkey, dance!

Ofnuts

On 02/13/2011 06:45 PM, Schneider wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 18:15:23 +0100, Ofnuts<(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> On 02/13/2011 05:46 PM, tony cooper wrote:
>>
>>> Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
>>> like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
>>> worked up.

>> ... the goal being to have him make another preposterous claim about his
>> life, his photographic skills, or the capabilities of his cameras.

> That's the actions of a pure troll. You now all proudly qualify to be part
> of the resident-troll-pack. Just as it's always been said about you. Now
> validated and confirmed in your own words.
>
> btw: Why would anyone who is successful and talented want to or feel the
> need to prove anything to low-lives like you. Think about it. You have the
> time.

*rattles cage*

--
Bertrand

Peter N

On 2/13/2011 11:46 AM, tony cooper wrote:
<snip>

> There are some things we shouldn't do, but we do them because they
> entertain us. For example, it is not at all nice to aggravate the
> monkeys in the zoo by standing in front of their cages and pulling
> faces at them and making noises. It's cruel to bait them like this.
>
> Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
> like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
> worked up.

Some say pulling the wings off flies is entertaining.

--
Peter

charles

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 16:33:41 -0500, Peter N
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 2/13/2011 11:46 AM, tony cooper wrote:
><snip>
>>
>> There are some things we shouldn't do, but we do them because they
>> entertain us. For example, it is not at all nice to aggravate the
>> monkeys in the zoo by standing in front of their cages and pulling
>> faces at them and making noises. It's cruel to bait them like this.
>>
>> Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
>> like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
>> worked up.
>>

>Some say pulling the wings off flies is entertaining.

Flies are sentient beings, deserving of respect accorded to all life
forms.

LOL Isn't.

Peter N

On 2/13/2011 1:37 PM, tony cooper wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2011 12:11:03 -0500, Alan Browne
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 2011.02.13 11:46 , tony cooper wrote:
>>
>>> Mocking "LOL" - by any of his names - is cruel and aggravating. He's
>>> like the chimp in the cage, though, and it is kinda fun to get him all
>>> worked up.

>> Does nothing for your dignity, reputation or well being.

> I really don't worry about my dignity as represented in this group.
> I've been humbled in real life too many times to worry about my online
> life. It started one day in grade school when I went to the restroom
> and returned to class having forgotten to zip up my fly and with a bit
> of my shirt-tail poking through...right in front of a girl I had a
> crush on.

Were you bragging?

> I don't know what kind of reputation I have here. Pedant? Mediocre
> photographer? Troll-baiter? A person uninterested in the
> overly-technical aspects of the photographic medium? (I don't care
> how the size of a pixel is defined; I care how the pixels are arranged
> in what I photographed.)

Well said. While you accurately state the goal, one must have some
technical understanding of what went wrong in order to make meaningful
corrections. Problem is for some here technical perfection is their
goal, not pixel arrangement.