Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: Small, Cheap, Voip Device

Re: Small, Cheap, Voip Device

Peter Watson

On 13/02/2011 12:07, Me wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looking for some suggestions.
>
> I have a Blackberry which does not come with a free native VOIP client -
> that I am aware of anyway.
>
> I am looking for a small, light device (for travelling) that I can use
> as a VOIP client.
>
> I guess something like an Ipod might be the answer, but I just wondered
> if there were any other cheaper options. If the suggestion is a second
> hand mobile phone, I would still not be using it as a mobile - as I have
> my Blackberry, so it would not have a SIM card in. Would that still
> allow the device to work as a VOIP client over wifi, or would I need a
> SIM card in as well?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

There are a couple of non-free VOIP applications that may be cheaper
than a standalone box:

http://www.blackvoib.com/ $30 14 day trial - I'm trying this out on a
trip soon.

http://www.fgmicrotec.com/ $19 - I couldn't get this to register with my