Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > signal() call

signal() call

Ben Bacarisse

Lew Pitcher <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> On February 9, 2011 16:55, in comp.lang.c, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> John Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>>> That call ignores SIGPIPE signals. Not sure what the comment is supposed
>>> to mean.

>> 013 == 11
>>
>> Hey, topical post in an off-topic thread.

> Ben, I agree that your post is topical.
>
> But, how is a discussion on the signal() call off-topic for CLC?
> IIRC, signal() and friends are part of (at least) the C90 standard.

Just because the OP's question is highly system specific. The function
is standard, but what the OP needs to know to port the program almost
certainly won't be. Even determining what 013 and 1 mean is system
specific as far as C is concerned. comp.unix.programmer is probably the
best place to find out what's needed to port code like this.

--
Ben.