Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Works for me

Reply
Thread Tools

Works for me

 
 
Lawrence D'Oliveiro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-08-2011
root@theon:~ # dpkg-query -s sun-java6-jdk
Package: sun-java6-jdk
Status: install ok installed
Priority: optional
Section: non-free/java
Installed-Size: 59940
Maintainer: Debian Java Maintainers <pkg-java-
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)>
Architecture: amd64
Source: sun-java6
Version: 6.22-1
Provides: java-compiler, java-sdk, java2-compiler, java2-sdk, java5-sdk,
java6-sdk
Depends: sun-java6-bin (>= 6.22-1), libc6, libx11-6
Pre-Depends: debconf (>= 0.5) | debconf-2.0
Suggests: sun-java6-demo, openjdk-6-doc, sun-java6-source
Description: Sun Java(TM) Development Kit (JDK) 6
The JDK(TM) is a development environment for building applications,
applets, and components using the Java programming language.
.
The JDK includes tools useful for developing and testing programs
written in the Java programming language and running on the Java
Platform.
.
NOTE: You must accept Sun's EULA prior to successfully installing
this package
Homepage: https://jdk-distros.dev.java.net

ldo@theon:java_try> cat test.java
class test
{
public static void main(String[] args)
{
System.out.print("Got...");
double c = 2.2250738585072011e-308;
System.out.println(" here.");
} /*main*/
}

ldo@theon:java_try> javac test.java
ldo@theon:java_try> java test
Got... here.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Paul Cager
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-08-2011
On Feb 8, 9:16*am, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> root@theon:~ # dpkg-query -s sun-java6-jdk
> Package: sun-java6-jdk
> Status: install ok installed
> ...
> Architecture: amd64


That proves that you have installed Sun's Java, but does not mean that
you are using it by default. A "java -version" (or an "update-java-
alternatives") would have helped prove your point.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Nigel Wade
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-08-2011
On 08/02/11 09:16, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> root@theon:~ # dpkg-query -s sun-java6-jdk
> Package: sun-java6-jdk
> Status: install ok installed
> Priority: optional
> Section: non-free/java
> Installed-Size: 59940
> Maintainer: Debian Java Maintainers <pkg-java-
> (E-Mail Removed)>
> Architecture: amd64
> Source: sun-java6
> Version: 6.22-1
> Provides: java-compiler, java-sdk, java2-compiler, java2-sdk, java5-sdk,
> java6-sdk
> Depends: sun-java6-bin (>= 6.22-1), libc6, libx11-6
> Pre-Depends: debconf (>= 0.5) | debconf-2.0
> Suggests: sun-java6-demo, openjdk-6-doc, sun-java6-source
> Description: Sun Java(TM) Development Kit (JDK) 6
> The JDK(TM) is a development environment for building applications,
> applets, and components using the Java programming language.
> .
> The JDK includes tools useful for developing and testing programs
> written in the Java programming language and running on the Java
> Platform.
> .
> NOTE: You must accept Sun's EULA prior to successfully installing
> this package
> Homepage: https://jdk-distros.dev.java.net
>
> ldo@theon:java_try> cat test.java
> class test
> {
> public static void main(String[] args)
> {
> System.out.print("Got...");
> double c = 2.2250738585072011e-308;
> System.out.println(" here.");
> } /*main*/
> }
>
> ldo@theon:java_try> javac test.java
> ldo@theon:java_try> java test
> Got... here.
>


The number should be 2.2250738585072012e-308
The number you have used is the one which affects PHP.

Precision in computing is important.

If your Java version is hit by the bug your code will hang the compiler.
If you want to compile the class and test the bytecode on different JVM
then use Double.parseDouble to parse a string constant. So far all these
versions I've tried are affected by this bug:

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_11-b06)
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_05-b05)
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_20-b02)
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_21-b06)
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_23-b05)
OpenJDK Client VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode) "1.6.0_17"
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode) "1.6.0_18"

--
Nigel Wade

 
Reply With Quote
 
Paul Cager
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-08-2011
On Feb 8, 2:21*pm, Nigel Wade <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The number should be 2.2250738585072012e-308
> The number you have used is the one which affects PHP.
>
> Precision in computing is important.
>
> If your Java version is hit by the bug your code will hang the compiler.
> If you want to compile the class and test the bytecode on different JVM
> then use Double.parseDouble to parse a string constant. So far all these
> versions I've tried are affected by this bug:
>
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_11-b06)
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_05-b05)
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_20-b02)
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_21-b06)
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_23-b05)
> OpenJDK Client VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode) "1.6.0_17"
> OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode) "1.6.0_18"


GCJ isn't affected by the way:
sh-3.2$ gcj --main=Test Test.java
Test.java:6: warning: The local variable c is never read
double c = 2.2250738585072012e-308;
^
1 problem (1 warning)

sh-3.2$ ./a.out
Got... here.

sh-3.2$ gcj --version
gcj (Debian 4.3.2-2) 4.3.2
 
Reply With Quote
 
Lew
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-08-2011
Nigel Wade wrote:
> The number should be 2.2250738585072012e-308
> The number you have used is the one which affects PHP.
>
> Precision in computing is important.
>
> If your Java version is hit by the bug your code will hang the compiler.
>


And thus NetBeans' IDE as it tries to internally compile the source.
Oracle JDK.

Evil!

> If you want to compile the class and test the bytecode on different JVM
> then use Double.parseDouble to parse a string constant. So far all these
> versions I've tried are affected by this bug:
>
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_11-b06)
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_05-b05)
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_20-b02)
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_21-b06)
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_23-b05)
> OpenJDK Client VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode) "1.6.0_17"
> OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode) "1.6.0_18"
>


$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_23"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_23-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode, sharing)

--
Lew
 
Reply With Quote
 
Tom Anderson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-08-2011
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011, Lew wrote:

> Nigel Wade wrote:
>> The number should be 2.2250738585072012e-308
>> The number you have used is the one which affects PHP.
>>
>> Precision in computing is important.
>>
>> If your Java version is hit by the bug your code will hang the compiler.

>
> And thus NetBeans' IDE as it tries to internally compile the source.
> Oracle JDK.
>
> Evil!


I tried this in Eclipse earlier. I left work immediately after, and i'm
hoping it'll have magically fixed itself when i get in tomorrow!

tom

--
Oh, well of course *everything* looks bad if you remember it
 
Reply With Quote
 
Lawrence D'Oliveiro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-08-2011
In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Nigel Wade wrote:

> The number should be 2.2250738585072012e-308


Yup, that’s it, javac is now stuck in a loop.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
getMethod() works and works not Alexander Burger Java 25 11-29-2010 06:33 PM
When I turn on my PC, it works, works, works. Problem! Fogar Computer Information 1 01-17-2006 12:57 AM
Read all of this to understand how it works. then check around on otherRead all of this to understand how it works. then check around on other thelisa martin Computer Support 2 08-18-2005 06:40 AM
[py2exe.i18n] English works, German works, but not French. What do I miss? F. GEIGER Python 3 08-06-2004 10:01 AM
After rebooting my PC works, works, works! Antivirus problem? Adriano Computer Information 1 12-15-2003 05:30 AM



Advertisments