Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Protected resourcs iva HTML

Protected resourcs iva HTML

OccasionalFlyer

I am the volunteer person who maintains a web stie that is written in
ASP.NET. That introduces lots of complexity. I didn't write it and
so far, my knowledge of ASP.NET is somewhat limited. I want to
convert the site to something else but I have two requirements and I'm
interested in suggestions for handling these. This is not precisely
an HTML question but I'm thinking there are likely to be members of
this group who have deal with this.
1. Add data to, search, and retrieve data from a database
2. Protect resources, e.g, access to the stored membership data.

Were it me alone, I'd rewrite the site in Java but I want it to be
simpler than that. Thanks.

Ken

Captain Paralytic

On Feb 7, 7:11*pm, OccasionalFlyer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>*This is not precisely
> an HTML question

It is not any question at all. You haven't asked one! What do you want
to know?

richard

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 11:11:28 -0800 (PST), OccasionalFlyer wrote:

> I am the volunteer person who maintains a web stie that is written in
> ASP.NET. That introduces lots of complexity. I didn't write it and
> so far, my knowledge of ASP.NET is somewhat limited. I want to
> convert the site to something else but I have two requirements and I'm
> interested in suggestions for handling these. This is not precisely
> an HTML question but I'm thinking there are likely to be members of
> this group who have deal with this.
> 1. Add data to, search, and retrieve data from a database
> 2. Protect resources, e.g, access to the stored membership data.
>
> Were it me alone, I'd rewrite the site in Java but I want it to be
> simpler than that. Thanks.
>
> Ken

Learn php and mysql. Problem solved.
Java is an application. Javascript is client side and should not be used
for such an endeavor.

Captain Paralytic

On Feb 7, 10:09*pm, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Java is an application.

A wise man once said "It is better to keep silent and be thought a
fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

You just can't help advertising your ignorance, can you?

Jonathan N. Little

Captain Paralytic wrote:
> On Feb 7, 10:09 pm, richard<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Java is an application.

> A wise man once said "It is better to keep silent and be thought a
> fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

A very astute A. Lincoln.

to richard: http://lmgtfy.com?q=what+is+jsp

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

richard

On Mon, 07 Feb 2011 19:47:36 -0500, Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> Captain Paralytic wrote:
>> On Feb 7, 10:09 pm, richard<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Java is an application.

>> A wise man once said "It is better to keep silent and be thought a
>> fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

> A very astute A. Lincoln.
>>
>> You just can't help advertising your ignorance, can you?

> to richard: http://lmgtfy.com?q=what+is+jsp

The OP did not mention jsp. He clearly stated "java".
JSP is quite different from the application generating program of Java.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard the sto0pid wrote:

> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>> Captain Paralytic wrote:
>>>
>>> A wise man once said "It is better to keep silent and be thought a
>>> fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

>> A very astute A. Lincoln.
>>>
>>> You just can't help advertising your ignorance, can you?

>> to richard: http://lmgtfy.com?q=what+is+jsp

> The OP did not mention jsp. He clearly stated "java".

You'll never catch on. You said JavaScript is a client-side language.
"what+is+jsp" was to inform your sorry ass that JavaScript is *also* a
server-side language.

> JSP is quite different from the application generating program of
> Java.

Java is not an "application generating program." You need to take the
wise man's advice.

--
-bts
-In a broadband world, you are just a dialup

richard

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 22:25:39 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> richard the sto0pid wrote:
>
>> Jonathan N. Little wrote:

>>> A very astute A. Lincoln.

>>> to richard: http://lmgtfy.com?q=what+is+jsp

>> The OP did not mention jsp. He clearly stated "java".

> You'll never catch on. You said JavaScript is a client-side language.
> "what+is+jsp" was to inform your sorry ass that JavaScript is *also* a
> server-side language.
>
>> JSP is quite different from the application generating program of
>> Java.

> Java is not an "application generating program." You need to take the
> wise man's advice.

Still, the OP stated he would prefer using "JAVA" which has no relation to
either jsp, or js.
Java is more akin to flash. Where the user must have a plugin in order to
access the information.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard the sto0pid wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> richard the sto0pid wrote:
>>>
>>> The OP did not mention jsp. He clearly stated "java".

>> You'll never catch on. You said JavaScript is a client-side
>> language. "what+is+jsp" was to inform your sorry ass that JavaScript
>> is *also* a server-side language.
>>
>>> JSP is quite different from the application generating program of
>>> Java.

>> Java is not an "application generating program." You need to take
>> the wise man's advice.

> Still, the OP stated he would prefer using "JAVA"

Yes, he did say "Java" then you said it is an "application generating
program." It isn't.

> which has no relation to either jsp, or js.

You've just learned that, correct?

> Java is more akin to flash. Where the user must have a plugin in order
> to access the information.

You wrote that like you think I don't know what it is.

--

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 23:42:55 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> richard the sto0pid wrote:
>
>> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

>>> You'll never catch on. You said JavaScript is a client-side
>>> language. "what+is+jsp" was to inform your sorry ass that JavaScript
>>> is *also* a server-side language.

>>> Java is not an "application generating program." You need to take
>>> the wise man's advice.

>> Still, the OP stated he would prefer using "JAVA"

> Yes, he did say "Java" then you said it is an "application generating
> program." It isn't.
>
>> which has no relation to either jsp, or js.

> You've just learned that, correct?
>
>> Java is more akin to flash. Where the user must have a plugin in order
>> to access the information.

> You wrote that like you think I don't know what it is.

Then why are you insisting that jsp and js are the same thing?
java and js are client side.
jsp is server side.