Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Toy Test

Re: Toy Test

J. Clarke

In article <4d514e6f$0$5681$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com>,

> On 2/8/2011 1:39 AM, ASCII wrote:
> > Savageduck wrote:
> >>
> >> BTW; I wouldn't touch AT&T with a ten foot pole.

> > FWIW: In defense of MaBell...
> > I started with PBI (PacBell Internet) in the mid 90s then they became SBC whom
> > I was with when I went DSL some years ago, now it's all part of AT&T.
> > I use Opera v11.01 and was able to DL all the pics just fine.
> > Since I run the browser in a sandbox and routinely delete any souvenirs
> > of my browsing sessions I'm not afraid to enable javascript, cookies, etc.

> Almost right. AT&T is part of SBC, Which changed its name.

And SBC was part of AT&T until the lawsuit. So it all just came back
together.

ASCII

Peter N wrote:
>On 2/8/2011 1:39 AM, ASCII wrote:
>> Savageduck wrote:
>>>
>>> BTW; I wouldn't touch AT&T with a ten foot pole.

>> FWIW: In defense of MaBell...
>> I started with PBI (PacBell Internet) in the mid 90s then they became SBC whom
>> I was with when I went DSL some years ago, now it's all part of AT&T.
>> I use Opera v11.01 and was able to DL all the pics just fine.
>> Since I run the browser in a sandbox and routinely delete any souvenirs
>> of my browsing sessions I'm not afraid to enable javascript, cookies, etc.

>Almost right. AT&T is part of SBC, Which changed its name.

Thanks for the clarification.
The return addy on my monthly statements says;
AT&T
P.O. Box 5093
Carol Stream, Il 60197-5093
I'm not too up to date on which set of names or logos
should be associated with any company anymore,
just pay the bill and get back to surfing away my golden years.

Peter N

On 2/8/2011 3:35 PM, ASCII wrote:
> Peter N wrote:

>>> FWIW: In defense of MaBell...
>>> I started with PBI (PacBell Internet) in the mid 90s then they became SBC whom
>>> I was with when I went DSL some years ago, now it's all part of AT&T.
>>> I use Opera v11.01 and was able to DL all the pics just fine.
>>> Since I run the browser in a sandbox and routinely delete any souvenirs
>>> of my browsing sessions I'm not afraid to enable javascript, cookies, etc.

>> Almost right. AT&T is part of SBC, Which changed its name.

> Thanks for the clarification.
> The return addy on my monthly statements says;
> AT&T
> P.O. Box 5093
> Carol Stream, Il 60197-5093
> I'm not too up to date on which set of names or logos
> should be associated with any company anymore,
> just pay the bill and get back to surfing away my golden years.

If you think photography is an expensive hobby, try stock picking. (The
treasurer lets me have a small sandbox for that one.)

--
Peter

MS Win XP Wallpaper Changer Power Toy config question All Things Mopar Computer Support 4 02-03-2010 12:14 AM
New toy.. new toy! Shane NZ Computing 9 03-10-2006 06:40 AM
Toy Story 1 & 2 SE vs Toy Box Set byronrobinson@sympatico.ca DVD Video 2 12-30-2005 11:14 PM
My new 'toy' arrived! JohnO Digital Photography 13 07-25-2003 02:20 PM