Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Spyder 2 and Windows 7.

Re: Spyder 2 and Windows 7.

Vance

On Feb 3, 1:32*am, Eric Stevens <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 17:43:16 +1100, N <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >On 3/02/2011, Eric Stevens wrote:
> >> I have just put my old XP machine into semi-retirement and gone over
> >> to real Gee-Whiz device running 64 bit Windows 7. I have been
> >> disconcerted to find that my trusty Spyder 2 from ColorVision no
> >> longer runs properly, even with the appropriate updated driver.
> >> Particularly it 'dings' in the middle of the screen section as though
> >> to indicate an error and is unable to save the adjusted monitor
> >> profile at the end.

> >> Has anyone else struck this problem, and were they able to make it
> >> work?

> >> If I'm unable to get Spyder 2 working properly I will have to replace
> >> it. I expect there will be many opinions as to the state of the art
> >> and I would like to hear recommendations as to what I should buy.

> >> One thing is certain, I can't continue with an uncalibrated monitor.
> >> Regards,

> >> Eric Stevens.

> >> There are two classes of people. Those who divide people into
> >> two classes, and those who don't. I belong to the second class

> >Did you Google it?
> >http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/for...d.php?t=132446
> >and probably plenty more results.

> >I use a ColorMunki on Windows 7 64 bit and it works fine.

> Yes (of course I Googled it) but that doesn't really give me any sense
> of user experiences. That's why I asked the news group.
>
> As far as my immediate problem is concerned, I've now got Spyder 2 to
> the point where I can complete a profile but I can't save it:
>
> * "Sorry, there was a problem installing the profile
> * *(InstallColorProfile)"
>
> * *"Error 5 (CMS Support 327"
>
> * *"Access is denied"
>
> Apparently I can deal with this problem with the aid of Spyder's
> 'Profile Chooser' except this latest driver which I have downloaded
> shows no sign of the menu through which this (and other things) are
> supposedly accessible.- Hide quoted text -

Try an install as administrator, not as a user. It looks like you are
running into one of the UAC (User Access Control) irritations of Win
7.

Vance

Vance

On Feb 3, 12:39*pm, Eric Stevens <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 06:18:39 -0800 (PST), Vance <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:

> >> Yes (of course I Googled it) but that doesn't really give me any sense
> >> of user experiences. That's why I asked the news group.

> >> As far as my immediate problem is concerned, I've now got Spyder 2 to
> >> the point where I can complete a profile but I can't save it:

> >> * "Sorry, there was a problem installing the profile
> >> * *(InstallColorProfile)"

> >> * *"Error 5 (CMS Support 327"

> >> * *"Access is denied"

> >> Apparently I can deal with this problem with the aid of Spyder's
> >> 'Profile Chooser' except this latest driver which I have downloaded
> >> shows no sign of the menu through which this (and other things) are
> >> supposedly accessible.- Hide quoted text -

> >Try an install as administrator, not as a user. *It looks like you are
> >running into one of the UAC (User Access Control) irritations of Win
> >7.

> Unfortunately, I am already the administrator. I suspect I am being
> locked out by a setting somewhere.- Hide quoted text -

Try turning the UAC completely off.

Vance

Vance

On Feb 3, 1:31*pm, N <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 4/02/2011, Eric Stevens wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 06:18:39 -0800 (PST), Vance <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:

> >> Try an install as administrator, not as a user. *It looks like you are
> >> running into one of the UAC (User Access Control) irritations of Win
> >> 7.

> > Unfortunately, I am already the administrator. I suspect I am being
> > locked out by a setting somewhere.

> That's not the same thing. *Are you using Windows 7 64 bit or 32 bit?
>
> Right click the installer exe and select "Run as Administrator".- Hide quoted text -

Try this approach. Access Denied isn't uncommon in Windows 7 and you
seem to have tried the other quick approaches.

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows...ion-ownership/

Vance