Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Unable to start debugging on the Web Server.

Unable to start debugging on the Web Server.

Richard B. Lewis

Hi,

I'm getting this message ever since I applied W2KSP4 on my server (which is
both my local machine development environment and my web server). I've been
through the "Things to Check" help on this error and am about 80% sure I'm
OK with all the points mentioned.

Per KB 821255 I have also added my "domainname\ASPNET" account to the
assignments for Impersonate a client after authentication.

It seems to me that it has something to do with the fact that my local
machine is also my web server.

Any ideas?

Kunal

Have you tried running:

aspnet_regiis -i from the command line..

For info on this tool here (URL *will* wrap)
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d..._regiisexe.asp
http://www.qnal.net/inkabletype

"Richard B. Lewis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uvYuqXy$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting this message ever since I applied W2KSP4 on my server (which

is
> both my local machine development environment and my web server). I've

been
> through the "Things to Check" help on this error and am about 80% sure I'm
> OK with all the points mentioned.
>
> Per KB 821255 I have also added my "domainname\ASPNET" account to the
> assignments for Impersonate a client after authentication.
>
> It seems to me that it has something to do with the fact that my local
> machine is also my web server.
>
> Any ideas?

Jack Peacock

"Richard B. Lewis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uvYuqXy$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting this message ever since I applied W2KSP4 on my server (which

is
> both my local machine development environment and my web server). I've

been
> through the "Things to Check" help on this error and am about 80% sure I'm
> OK with all the points mentioned.

I ran into a similar problem last week moving an ASP project to the laptop.
I'm using XP but this may still be relevant:

Go to Admin Tools->IIS->select the website
dir->Properties->Directory->Configuration button (toward bottom)->Debugging

There are two flags for ASP client and server side debugging. You may need
to turn on one or both.
Jack Peacock