Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Why don't crop sensor cameras have crop weight bodies?

Why don't crop sensor cameras have crop weight bodies?

shiva das

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Better Info <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:36:23 -0500, shiva das <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Metering off the shutter curtain was developed after the M5, the first
> >Leica "M" with an integral meter flopped -- besides the fact that the M5
> >was significantly larger than the M4 which preceded it, its meter cell
> >was on a swinging arm that occupied the space between the lens's rear
> >element and the film plane. This didn't work for lenses with extensive
> >back focus, such as the 21mm f/3.4 or f/4, which would routinely break
> >the meter cell arm off, or at least prevent it from swinging into place.
> >(The modern 21mm f/2.8 doesn't extend nearly as far toward the film
> >plane.)

> This may be true for rangefinders, but OTF (off the film) metering was
> first developed and implemented in the Olympus OM2 line of cameras back in
> the mid 1970's.

I was answering a question specifically about rangefinders.

Wolfgang Weisselberg

shiva das <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Better Info <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[something]

> I was answering a question specifically about rangefinders.

No need to answer our local pest. Worse Info doesn't even
grasp the difference between flash metering and available
light metering.

-Wolfgang