Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Anonymous Services - Can We Get A List Going And Feedback?

Anonymous Services - Can We Get A List Going And Feedback?

DasFox

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:15:35 -0500, Android wrote:

>>> The best firewall in the world is free.

>> NAME IT...with cites...

> Give me some design specifics and an intelligent assessment of your threat
> model, and I'll answer your question in no uncertain terms. And it WILL
> include a free firewall befitting your needs. It will NOT, however, include
> crap "software firewalls".

YOU claimed the best firewall was free...UP THERE ^^^^^^^...

NOW backup your claims or STFU...

THANKS
--
Gays make sick attempt at Harry Potter
http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/re...-stick/big.jpg

Android Speller

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 15:59:37 -0500, DasFox wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 15:49:34 -0500, Android wrote:

>>> Who says I don't understand that you hack a different OS in a
>>> different way...?
>>>
>>> You are certainly not gaining access to Unix like you would Windows
>>> and also all the different firewalls...,

>> Um.... sorry, wrong again. You're not doin so well today kiddo.
>>
>> The simple truth of the matter is that Windows and *nix are pretty much
>> attacked and compromised the same way these days. Since the dawn of "cross
>> platform" development and things like web standards, the lines have been
>> blurring and the attacks more service or software specific. IOW, neither OS
>> is really attacked so much these days, as the software underneath it and
>> the messed up configurations of the admins above it are.

> There are attacks that happen in a lot of ways, not just through
> websites... DDos, DOS, Exploits, backdoors, and on and on...

You really don't understand much of this. I'll hold your hand some more,
but my time is limited. Please make an effort ot absorb...

DDoS and DoS, two attacks you've heard about but obvously don't understand
when you just pulled them out of thin air and blurt them because you
thought they sounded impressive, are attacks have nothing at all to do with
anything we're discussing at present. They're "brute force" overload type
attacks and are almost without exception directed at boundary equipment or
specific software (like IIS, which requires open ports to function). In any
case, they have little or nothing to do with end users and NOTHING at all
to do with firewalls or hiding IP addresses.

Backdoors... you're already compromised. Those are the things attackers
cause to be installed after you've already slopped your dripper, be it by
way of ignorance or laziness.

> You know I don't mind having a conversation as long as it's going to
> be respectful and not starting to become a troll fest, because

there's no trolliung going on here. I'm correcting you. giving out USEFUL
information to offset your lack of understanding and the unnatural need for
attention that drives it. You are, quite simply, a clueless noob trying to
play expert. And the expert in me is compelled to deal with you by way of
damage control. That's the only reason I'm replying to your rot. And once
you've been reduced to your usual one-line sputterings of ASCII flatulence,
my job is done.

> sitting around talking about reality is total BS! There are still
> attacks into boxes it's called in the UNIX WORLD GAINING ROOT ACCESS!
> What you've never heard of gaining root, as though that also has no
> basis in reality?

Sure I have. Seen it first hand from both ends of the spectrum many times
in fact. That's how I know you're full of nothing but yourself. Not ONE of
those attacks came in direct through a port of any sort. Fact is, if you
had any clue at all you'd already understand that "rooting" a box is
something you do after you already own it. AFTER your initial attack has
succeeded. That's why almost all these types of attacks are privilege
escalation attacks, centric to poor adminning and/or niggles with specific
software versions.

>>> What you think I'm CLUELESS here?"

>> Well, yeah... you've pretty much demonstrated that beyond any doubt.

> WRONG...TROLL elsewhere and you spelt your name wrong...LOL

That's the very best you have? Childish sniping at spelling slipups?

You're hardly worth the effort. *sigh*

DasFox

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:34:49 -0500, Android Speller wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 15:59:37 -0500, DasFox wrote:

>>> Um.... sorry, wrong again. You're not doin so well today kiddo.
>>>
>>> The simple truth of the matter is that Windows and *nix are pretty much
>>> attacked and compromised the same way these days. Since the dawn of "cross
>>> platform" development and things like web standards, the lines have been
>>> blurring and the attacks more service or software specific. IOW, neither OS
>>> is really attacked so much these days, as the software underneath it and
>>> the messed up configurations of the admins above it are.

>> There are attacks that happen in a lot of ways, not just through
>> websites... DDos, DOS, Exploits, backdoors, and on and on...

> You really don't understand much of this. I'll hold your hand some more,
> but my time is limited. Please make an effort ot absorb...

GET A SPELLCHECKER...LOL...I know all this but good for noobs so go
on...RANT...

> DDoS and DoS, two attacks you've heard about but obvously don't understand
> when you just pulled them out of thin air and blurt them because you
> thought they sounded impressive, are attacks have nothing at all to do with
> anything we're discussing at present. They're "brute force" overload type
> attacks and are almost without exception directed at boundary equipment or
> specific software (like IIS, which requires open ports to function). In any
> case, they have little or nothing to do with end users and NOTHING at all
> to do with firewalls or hiding IP addresses.
>
> Backdoors... you're already compromised. Those are the things attackers
> cause to be installed after you've already slopped your dripper, be it by
> way of ignorance or laziness.
>

>> You know I don't mind having a conversation as long as it's going to
>> be respectful and not starting to become a troll fest, because

> there's no trolliung going on here. I'm correcting you. giving out USEFUL
> information to offset your lack of understanding and the unnatural need for
> attention that drives it. You are, quite simply, a clueless noob trying to
> play expert. And the expert in me is compelled to deal with you by way of
> damage control. That's the only reason I'm replying to your rot. And once
> you've been reduced to your usual one-line sputterings of ASCII flatulence,
> my job is done.

WILL that be soon....? We are getting tired form you...

>> sitting around talking about reality is total BS! There are still
>> attacks into boxes it's called in the UNIX WORLD GAINING ROOT ACCESS!
>> What you've never heard of gaining root, as though that also has no
>> basis in reality?

> Sure I have. Seen it first hand from both ends of the spectrum many times
> in fact. That's how I know you're full of nothing but yourself. Not ONE of
> those attacks came in direct through a port of any sort. Fact is, if you
> had any clue at all you'd already understand that "rooting" a box is
> something you do after you already own it. AFTER your initial attack has
> succeeded. That's why almost all these types of attacks are privilege
> escalation attacks, centric to poor adminning and/or niggles with specific
> software versions.

I was talking PORTS...KEEP UP...

>>> Well, yeah... you've pretty much demonstrated that beyond any doubt.

>> WRONG...TROLL elsewhere and you spelt your name wrong...LOL

> That's the very best you have? Childish sniping at spelling slipups?
>
> You're hardly worth the effort. *sigh*

What a guy...all Jesus on us...NOT...

THANKS
--
Gays make sick attempt at Harry Potter
http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/re...-stick/big.jpg
https://groups.google.com/group/alt....6f94c317a526bd
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...9&postcount=25
Anybody with an internet connection, 5 grand, an iq above room
temperature and basic literacy can grow outstanding cannabis.

Android SuperSpellerGuy

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:27:32 -0500, DasFox wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:15:35 -0500, Android wrote:

>>> NAME IT...with cites...

>> Give me some design specifics and an intelligent assessment of your threat
>> model, and I'll answer your question in no uncertain terms. And it WILL
>> include a free firewall befitting your needs. It will NOT, however, include
>> crap "software firewalls".

> YOU claimed the best firewall was free...UP THERE ^^^^^^^...

And it absolutely is. Give me some specifics and I'll show it to you,
because there's LOTS of quite excellent free firewalls out there, each best
suited to a given scenario.

Or do you just not have the balls, and think if you keep whining about this
and snipping the rest you're somehow a "winner"?

Sorry sonny, not this day...

> NOW backup your claims or STFU...

Trying to. I can probably narrow it down to two or three without you but
I'd like to answer your question more specifically. Now, do you have
anything even remotely resembling the manhood it takes to stand up and
address mine...

> Most ISPs where I live do not hand out static IPs for Broadband, of
> course they are dynamic, BUT those Dynamic IPs stay with you for 30-45
> days...or LIFE...

So what? Having a more or less static IP address is a GOOD thing if you're
smart. Saves you from having to deal with the aftermath of the previous
owner and his P2P antics or soch.

> With your IP out there and a cheapy firewall, you can be owned...

The best firewall in the world is free. And even lesser firewalls are
perfectly capable of spitting back "unreachable" packets in response to
anonymous requests. Just like boundary equipment does when the host being
probed actually DOESN'T exist.

Yes, Gibson's machine hiding snake oil is little more than security theater
designed to dupe the masses. Nonexistent machines don't eat packets,
something actually SAYS they're not there. So when packets magically
disappear it's a sure sign there's a machine at that IP address. And one
owned by a noob at that.

> There's a VERY BIG point to hiding your IP and not exposing it and I
> can't believe you don't think so...

I can't believe there's still people out there who are so willing to
swallow whatever bile a media whore like Gibson vomits up.

> How do you think people get hacked and what you don't think boxes
> don't get hacked anymore? Of course they do...

Actually, port hacking like you're describing accounts for almost ZERO
successful attacks. But don't let little things like facts bother you.

[...]

> Maybe because you used the word HOME user you think that this makes it
> ok and it is good enough? Yes for a lot of average users that may be
> true, but in todays world with all the changes over the past 20 years
> I don't believe as a Tech that the Windows firewall is good enough
> anymore...

It's fine, as software firewalls go. It's also completely unnecessary in
modern times with modern equipment. I don't think there's an off the shelf
router on the market that doesn't include a firewall these days. That and
NAT alone make your machine completely invisible to the outside.

> Even for Grandma just surfing the web and emailing the grandchildern,
> her box can be hacked and used to commit crimes, so in that sense, no
> it's not just as good as it gets...

Things like "stealth" aren't just not good enough, or "good as it gets",
they're worse than doing nothing in a lot of scenarios. And completely
meaningless in the rest.

Android D. MeggaspellerMan

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:45:31 -0500, DasFox wrote:

> I know all this but

*snicker*

That's about the 10th time in a week I've watched your astoundingly stupid
self get so overwhelmed, by someone with some REAL knowledge, that you were
reduced to a quivering corner-dwelling pile of "I knew that" puddin.

And of course childish spelling flames...

Thank you regardless. I was feelin a little bored and blue today, and
making a fool of a fool like you was just the ticket.

heirophant

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 17:00:46 -0500, Android D. MeggaspellerMan wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:45:31 -0500, DasFox wrote:
>
>> I know all this but

> *snicker*
>
> That's about the 10th time in a week I've watched your astoundingly stupid
> self get so overwhelmed, by someone with some REAL knowledge, that you were
> reduced to a quivering corner-dwelling pile of "I knew that" puddin.
>
> And of course childish spelling flames...
>
> Thank you regardless. I was feelin a little bored and blue today, and
> making a fool of a fool like you was just the ticket.

Speaking of python scripts

Is today the day that you are going to assist me?
http://heremypants.weebly.com/

DasFox

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:50:03 -0500, Android SuperSpellerGuy wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:27:32 -0500, DasFox wrote:

>>> Give me some design specifics and an intelligent assessment of your threat
>>> model, and I'll answer your question in no uncertain terms. And it WILL
>>> include a free firewall befitting your needs. It will NOT, however, include
>>> crap "software firewalls".

>> YOU claimed the best firewall was free...UP THERE ^^^^^^^...

> And it absolutely is. Give me some specifics and I'll show it to you,
> because there's LOTS of quite excellent free firewalls out there, each best
> suited to a given scenario.

OK name THEM...although you clearly said "firewall" no S...

or STFU...

THANKS
--
Gays make sick attempt at Harry Potter
http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/re...-stick/big.jpg
https://groups.google.com/group/alt....6f94c317a526bd
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...9&postcount=25
Anybody with an internet connection, 5 grand, an iq above room
temperature and basic literacy can grow outstanding cannabis.

Android Fox Hunter

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 17:14:24 -0500, DasFox wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:50:03 -0500, Android SuperSpellerGuy wrote:

>>> YOU claimed the best firewall was free...UP THERE ^^^^^^^...

>> And it absolutely is. Give me some specifics and I'll show it to you,
>> because there's LOTS of quite excellent free firewalls out there, each best
>> suited to a given scenario.

> OK name THEM...although you clearly said "firewall" no S...

Good grief! How slow/dense/silly are you for Dog's sake? Are you even
bright enough to grasp the concept of "best" being situation specific? That
what's barely manageable to someone of limited resources like yourself,
would be woefully inadequate to someone like me?

OK dummy, look... I'll go out on a limb and say that for rubes like you the
best option is something like DD-WRT on older hardware. Free, off-machine
like a real firewall should be, and dumbed down to a level that you might
be able to figure out just enough to keep from shooting your own feet, like
you have with your web site's horribly mucked up "security". With people
like you that's the very BEST that can be hoped for.

Oh, and while I still have your attention I'll see if you've grown a set
yet...

> Most ISPs where I live do not hand out static IPs for Broadband, of
> course they are dynamic, BUT those Dynamic IPs stay with you for 30-45
> days...or LIFE...

So what? Having a more or less static IP address is a GOOD thing if you're
smart. Saves you from having to deal with the aftermath of the previous
owner and his P2P antics or soch.

> With your IP out there and a cheapy firewall, you can be owned...

The best firewall in the world is free. And even lesser firewalls are
perfectly capable of spitting back "unreachable" packets in response to
anonymous requests. Just like boundary equipment does when the host being
probed actually DOESN'T exist.

Yes, Gibson's machine hiding snake oil is little more than security theater
designed to dupe the masses. Nonexistent machines don't eat packets,
something actually SAYS they're not there. So when packets magically
disappear it's a sure sign there's a machine at that IP address. And one
owned by a noob at that.

> There's a VERY BIG point to hiding your IP and not exposing it and I
> can't believe you don't think so...

I can't believe there's still people out there who are so willing to
swallow whatever bile a media whore like Gibson vomits up.

> How do you think people get hacked and what you don't think boxes
> don't get hacked anymore? Of course they do...

Actually, port hacking like you're describing accounts for almost ZERO
successful attacks. But don't let little things like facts bother you.

[...]

> Maybe because you used the word HOME user you think that this makes it
> ok and it is good enough? Yes for a lot of average users that may be
> true, but in todays world with all the changes over the past 20 years
> I don't believe as a Tech that the Windows firewall is good enough
> anymore...

It's fine, as software firewalls go. It's also completely unnecessary in
modern times with modern equipment. I don't think there's an off the shelf
router on the market that doesn't include a firewall these days. That and
NAT alone make your machine completely invisible to the outside.

> Even for Grandma just surfing the web and emailing the grandchildern,
> her box can be hacked and used to commit crimes, so in that sense, no
> it's not just as good as it gets...

Things like "stealth" aren't just not good enough, or "good as it gets",
they're worse than doing nothing in a lot of scenarios. And completely
meaningless in the rest.

Android Wants To Know

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 17:12:04 -0500, heirophant wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 17:00:46 -0500, Android D. MeggaspellerMan wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:45:31 -0500, DasFox wrote:
>>
>>> I know all this but

>> *snicker*
>>
>> That's about the 10th time in a week I've watched your astoundingly stupid
>> self get so overwhelmed, by someone with some REAL knowledge, that you were
>> reduced to a quivering corner-dwelling pile of "I knew that" puddin.
>>
>> And of course childish spelling flames...
>>
>> Thank you regardless. I was feelin a little bored and blue today, and
>> making a fool of a fool like you was just the ticket.

> Speaking of python scripts
>
> Is today the day that you are going to assist me?

What in the world are you typing about??

heirophant

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 19:59:15 -0500, Android Wants To Know wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 17:12:04 -0500, heirophant wrote:

>>> *snicker*
>>>
>>> That's about the 10th time in a week I've watched your astoundingly stupid
>>> self get so overwhelmed, by someone with some REAL knowledge, that you were
>>> reduced to a quivering corner-dwelling pile of "I knew that" puddin.
>>>
>>> And of course childish spelling flames...
>>>
>>> Thank you regardless. I was feelin a little bored and blue today, and
>>> making a fool of a fool like you was just the ticket.

>> Speaking of python scripts
>>
>> Is today the day that you are going to assist me?

> What in the world are you typing about??

Sorry, very difficult to keep all you anonymous types separated.
--
(E-Mail Removed)
http://heremypants.weebly.com/