Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > My computer keeps freezing randomly

My computer keeps freezing randomly

emeraldsky23 emeraldsky23 is offline
Junior Member

Hi everyone,

Here is the problem: My laptop will, at random times, freeze up and display an illuminated black screen. Most of time I can move the cursor around but not be able to click anything. After each incident, a file is created with a random assortment of letters and numbers. I do not have permission to do ANYTHING with it, so I can't delete it. Can someone please help me identify what the file is for, and how I can fix this problem?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg velocityreviews.jpg (107.7 KB, 1 views)