Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Waikiki Beach

Waikiki Beach

mmyvusenet

Hello:

I took this this photo of this other beautiful beach of Lima:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5391460935/

Thanks for your comments.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

snapper@mailinator.com

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 23:26:07 -0500, "mmyvusenet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I took this this photo of this other beautiful beach of Lima:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5391460935/
>
> Thanks for your comments.

A very poor looking beach.

Now *this* is a beach.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/2274/bondi.jpg

Kevin McMurtrie

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"mmyvusenet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I took this this photo of this other beautiful beach of Lima:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5391460935/
>
> Thanks for your comments.
>
> --
> MMYV
> http://www.mmyv.com

You need to shoot the photo from a little bit higher up. Perspective
from your point causes the horizon to slope up in the foreground, making
the image look like it's rotated a few degrees CCW. You could also
cheat by shearing the image straight.
--
I will not see posts or email from Google because I must filter them as spam

mmyvusenet

"Kevin McMurtrie" escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:4d425094$0$22130$(E-Mail Removed). ..

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"mmyvusenet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Hello:
>>
>> I took this this photo of this other beautiful beach of Lima:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5391460935/
>>
>> Thanks for your comments.
>>
>> --
>> MMYV
>> http://www.mmyv.com

> You need to shoot the photo from a little bit higher up. Perspective
> from your point causes the horizon to slope up in the foreground, making
> the image look like it's rotated a few degrees CCW. You could also
> cheat by shearing the image straight.

Thanks for your interesting comment, I took this other picture of this other
beach where there are some improvements where I also tried to show some
characteristics of the beach:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5402919403/

Thanks for your comments.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

mmyvusenet

"George Kerby" escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:C96C6947.47172%(E-Mail Removed).. .

On 1/30/11 10:21 PM, in article http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed),
"mmyvusenet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> "Kevin McMurtrie" escribió en el mensaje de
>> noticias:4d425094$0$22130$(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> You need to shoot the photo from a little bit higher up. Perspective
>>> from your point causes the horizon to slope up in the foreground, making
>>> the image look like it's rotated a few degrees CCW. You could also
>>> cheat by shearing the image straight.

>> Thanks for your interesting comment, I took this other picture of this
>> other
>> beach where there are some improvements where I also tried to show some
>> characteristics of the beach:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5402919403/
>>
>> Thanks for your comments.
>>
>> --
>> MMYV
>> http://www.mmyv.com
>>

> "OUCH!" How do those people lay on those rocks?!? That's not a beach -
> more
> like a moonscape, LOL!

Hello George, these beaches are typical of this part of Lima, I will try
after taking photos of sandy beaches.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

John Turco

mmyvusenet wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I took this this photo of this other beautiful beach of
> Lima:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5391460935/
>
> Thanks for your comments.

There's a "Waikiki Beach" in Hawaii (a U.S. state), too.

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

mmyvusenet

"John Turco" escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:(E-Mail Removed)...

mmyvusenet wrote:

>> Hello:
>>
>> I took this this photo of this other beautiful beach of
>> Lima:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5391460935/
>>
>> Thanks for your comments.

> There's a "Waikiki Beach" in Hawaii (a U.S. state), too.
>
> --
> Cordially,
> John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
> Marie's Musings <http://fairiesandtails.blogspot.com>

Hello John, interesting that you mention, it's summer now in Lima, and there
are times when the heat is strong enough, I took this photo in one of those
moments:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5488912771/

This is another view of the beach, and as Waikiki is also usually very
interesting.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

Bruce

"mmyvusenet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hello John, interesting that you mention, it's summer now in Lima, and there
>are times when the heat is strong enough, I took this photo in one of those
>moments:
>
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5488912771/
>
>This is another view of the beach, and as Waikiki is also usually very
>interesting.

Truly another multi-award winning image.

Just look at all those awards!

mmyvusenet

"Bruce" escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:(E-Mail Removed) m...

"mmyvusenet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Hello John, interesting that you mention, it's summer now in Lima, and
>>there
>>are times when the heat is strong enough, I took this photo in one of
>>those
>>moments:
>>
>>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5488912771/
>>
>>This is another view of the beach, and as Waikiki is also usually very
>>interesting.

> Truly another multi-award winning image.
>
> Just look at all those awards!

Certainly, nature is always nice to see, and I always try to express in the
best possible.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

Bruce

"mmyvusenet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"Bruce" escribió en el mensaje de
>noticias:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>"mmyvusenet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>Hello John, interesting that you mention, it's summer now in Lima, and
>>>there
>>>are times when the heat is strong enough, I took this photo in one of
>>>those
>>>moments:
>>>
>>>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5488912771/
>>>
>>>This is another view of the beach, and as Waikiki is also usually very
>>>interesting.

>> Truly another multi-award winning image.
>>
>> Just look at all those awards!

>Certainly, nature is always nice to see, and I always try to express in the
>best possible.

Do you think those "awards" mean anything?