Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Is it possible to pass CSV Reader Object As Argument to anotherPython File ???

Is it possible to pass CSV Reader Object As Argument to anotherPython File ???

bansi

On Jan 28, 9:46*am, bansi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 8:31*pm, MRAB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > Ethan,
> > > The python script takes the input from Splunk (http://www.splunk.com/
> > > base/Documentation/) which supports only Python 2.6
> > > So the real constraint is Splunk supports only Python 2.6 .

> > > As you know Python 2.6 doesnt support or doesnt have pyodbc install
> > > for Windows *64 bit OS
> > > So i installed Python 2.7 and thereafter pyodbc install for Windows 64
> > > bit OS for Python 2.7

> > Have you actually tried Splunk with Python 2.7? It might not work with
> > versions which are earlier than Python 2.6, but that doesn't
> > necessarily mean that it won't work with versions of Python 2 which are
> > later than Python 2.6 (unless the documentation says that it must be
> > Python 2.6).- Hide quoted text -

> Splunk's latest version 4.1.6 doesn't support Python 2.7
> I tried the import trick but it didnt work because the real script
> which runs under Python 2.7 has import pyodbc so it results in
> following error
>
> c:\Splunk\etc\apps\search\bin>splunk cmd python namelookupWrapper.py
> memberId memberName < memberInput.csv
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> * File "namelookupWrapper.py", line 3, in <module>
> * * import namelookup
> * File "c:\Splunk\etc\apps\search\bin\namelookup.py", line 7, in
> <module>
> * * import pyodbc
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
>
> Please let me know if i am missing something on import. If so please
> provide me with an example- Hide quoted text -

Here are some more details from my earlier posting. Please click the
below link

http://answers.splunk.com/questions/...up-script-work

Benjamin Kaplan

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 1:33 PM, bansi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 28, 9:46*am, bansi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > Have you actually tried Splunk with Python 2.7? It might not work with
>> > versions which are earlier than Python 2.6, but that doesn't
>> > necessarily mean that it won't work with versions of Python 2 which are
>> > later than Python 2.6 (unless the documentation says that it must be
>> > Python 2.6).- Hide quoted text -

>> Splunk's latest version 4.1.6 doesn't support Python 2.7
>> I tried the import trick but it didnt work because the real script
>> which runs under Python 2.7 has import pyodbc so it results in
>> following error
>>
>> c:\Splunk\etc\apps\search\bin>splunk cmd python namelookupWrapper.py
>> memberId memberName < memberInput.csv
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> * File "namelookupWrapper.py", line 3, in <module>
>> * * import namelookup
>> * File "c:\Splunk\etc\apps\search\bin\namelookup.py", line 7, in
>> <module>
>> * * import pyodbc
>> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
>>
>> Please let me know if i am missing something on import. If so please
>> provide me with an example- Hide quoted text -

> Here are some more details from my earlier posting. Please click the
> below link
>
> http://answers.splunk.com/questions/...up-script-work

Have you tried downloading the source for PyODBC and compiling it
yourself? All you need to do is python setup.py install. My guess
would be that it works just fine on 64-bit Python 2.6, they just never
released a re-compiled version of it for that platform.

bansi

On Jan 28, 1:52*pm, Benjamin Kaplan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 1:33 PM, bansi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Splunk's latest version 4.1.6 doesn't support Python 2.7
> >> I tried the import trick but it didnt work because the real script
> >> which runs under Python 2.7 has import pyodbc so it results in
> >> following error

> >> c:\Splunk\etc\apps\search\bin>splunk cmd python namelookupWrapper.py
> >> memberId memberName < memberInput.csv
> >> Traceback (most recent call last):
> >> * File "namelookupWrapper.py", line 3, in <module>
> >> * * import namelookup
> >> * File "c:\Splunk\etc\apps\search\bin\namelookup.py", line 7, in
> >> <module>
> >> * * import pyodbc
> >> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

> >> Please let me know if i am missing something on import. If so please
> >> provide me with an example- Hide quoted text -

> > Here are some more details from my earlier posting. Please click the
> > below link

> >http://answers.splunk.com/questions/...ysterious-to-m...
> > --

> Have you tried downloading the source for PyODBC and compiling it
> yourself? All you need to do is python setup.py install. My guess
> would be that it works just fine on 64-bit Python 2.6, they just never
> released a re-compiled version of it for that platform.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Benjamin. Please point me to the website from where i can
download pyodbc for Windows 64 bit OS under Python 2.6 and
installation instructions

Benjamin Kaplan

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 3:42 PM, bansi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 28, 1:52*pm, Benjamin Kaplan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > Here are some more details from my earlier posting. Please click the
>> > below link

>> >http://answers.splunk.com/questions/...ysterious-to-m....
>> > --

>> Have you tried downloading the source for PyODBC and compiling it
>> yourself? All you need to do is python setup.py install. My guess
>> would be that it works just fine on 64-bit Python 2.6, they just never
>> released a re-compiled version of it for that platform.- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks Benjamin. Please point me to the website from where i can
> download pyodbc for Windows 64 bit OS under Python 2.6 and
> installation instructions
> --

You don't download it for 64-bit Windows with Python 2.6. You download
the source code from the website and make the Python 2.6, 64-bit
Windows version yourself.

Download the source zip file and extract it. Then, open up the command
prompt and use the "cd" command to change directories to that source
folder. For instance, if the source code has been extracted to
C:\pyodbc-2.1.8\, you type in "cd C:\pyodbc-2.1.8" and press enter.

After that, you just run the build script which is already in there:

C:\Python26\python26.exe setup.py install

You'll need to have Visual C++ 2008 (not 2010) installed for this to
work. You can get it for free from
http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/ if you don't already have
it.

bansi

On Jan 28, 4:22*pm, Benjamin Kaplan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 3:42 PM, bansi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Have you tried downloading the source for PyODBC and compiling it
> >> yourself? All you need to do is python setup.py install. My guess
> >> would be that it works just fine on 64-bit Python 2.6, they just never
> >> released a re-compiled version of it for that platform.- Hide quoted text -

> > Thanks Benjamin. Please point me to the website from where i can
> > download pyodbc for Windows 64 bit OS under Python 2.6 and
> > installation instructions
> > --

> You don't download it for 64-bit Windows with Python 2.6. You download
> the source code from the website and make the Python 2.6, 64-bit
> Windows version yourself.
>
> Download the source zip file and extract it. Then, open up the command
> prompt and use the "cd" command to change directories to that source
> folder. For instance, if the source code has been extracted to
> C:\pyodbc-2.1.8\, you type in "cd C:\pyodbc-2.1.8" and press enter.
>
> After that, you just run the build script which is already in there:
>
> C:\Python26\python26.exe setup.py install
>
> You'll need to have Visual C++ 2008 (not 2010) installed for this to
> work. You can get it for free fromhttp://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/if you don't already have
> it.

Thanks Benjamin. Wondering why i need to Visual C++ 2008 . What it has
to do with Python?
Isn't it possible to implement your suggestion without installing
Visual C++ 2008 .

rusi

On Jan 30, 6:31*pm, bansi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 28, 4:22*pm, Benjamin Kaplan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > You'll need to have Visual C++ 2008 (not 2010) installed for this to
> > work. You can get it for free fromhttp://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/if
> > you don't already have it.

> Thanks Benjamin. Wondering why i need to Visual C++ 2008 . What it has
> to do with Python?
> Isn't it possible to implement your suggestion without installing
> Visual C++ 2008 .

http://code.google.com/p/pyodbc/wiki/Building#Windows

rusi

On Jan 30, 10:35*pm, rusi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 30, 6:31*pm, bansi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Isn't it possible to implement your suggestion without installing
> > Visual C++ 2008 .

> http://code.google.com/p/pyodbc/wiki/Building#Windows

Well... This is what the official site says...
On second thoughts I wonder: Would it not be possible to compile python
+pyodbc from source and use gcc/ming for that? Someone who knows more
of the windows build process may say something about the issues
involved.