Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Gaming > beatmania IIDX

beatmania IIDX

-Cyber Opus- -Cyber Opus- is offline
Junior Member
Location: Dayton, OH

Most American gamers have never heard of beatmania IIDX (but if you have, you ROCK!), and thanks to G4 and other game reviewers, most of you never will.

beatmania IIDX is a updated version of the old beatmania series from KONAMI.
beatmania is like all other music games (beatmania started the genre in Japan)
Notes scroll on the screen and you have to hit the corresponding button as it hits the target.

beatmania consists of 5 keys and a turntable.
beatmania IIDX consists of 7 keys and a turntable.

Now, beatmania games are NOT newb-friendly and require lots of practice to get good. Many of the easy songs are extremely difficult and cause many people to dislike the game.

My question to you is, who here either has heard of or played these games?
If you haven't I suggest you look up gameplay on YouTube, and if you like it, buy beatmania US or download the free port for Windows called Lunatic Rave 2.