Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Which is the best book to learn python

Which is the best book to learn python

santosh hs

I am very new to object oriented concept, so I need to learn
everything frm basic, Will the above books fulfill
My need

On Monday, January 24, 2011, Jean-Michel Pichavant
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> santosh hs wrote:
>
> Hi All,
> i am beginner to python please tell me which is the best available
> reference for beginner to start from novice
>

> Hi,
>
> You could have searched the archive, this question was raised many times.
>
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/IntroductoryBooks
>
> I read "Learning Python" when I started. Since it's the only one I read I cannot tell you which one is the best (if there is).
> Python is easy to learn, I'm not sure it's possible to write a bad book about it.
>
> JM

Jean-Michel Pichavant

santosh hs wrote:
> I am very new to object oriented concept, so I need to learn
> everything frm basic, Will the above books fulfill
> My need

read this
http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/ala...d/tutclass.htm

and stop when they start to talk about VBscript

JM

Luis M. González

On Jan 27, 3:43*pm, Jean-Michel Pichavant <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> santosh hs wrote:
> > I am very new to object oriented concept, *so I need to learn
> > everything frm basic, Will the above books fulfill
> > *My need

> read thishttp://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/tutclass.htm
>
> and stop when they start to talk about VBscript
>
> JM

I strongly second this suggestion.
Alan Gauld's example of a banking application was just what I needed
to finally understand object oriented programming.
This is how my head made the "click".

Luis

Aahz

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Jean-Michel Pichavant <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Python is easy to learn, I'm not sure it's possible to write a bad book
>about it.

Yes, it is. I can name two:

Deitel: Python How to Program
Perl to Python Migration

"Programming language design is not a rational science. Most reasoning
about it is at best rationalization of gut feelings, and at worst plain
wrong." --GvR, python-ideas, 2009-03-01

aliencat777@gmail.com

On Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:09:31 AM UTC+8, sant wrote:
> Hi All,
> i am beginner to python please tell me which is the best available
> reference for beginner to start from novice

A great up to date beginner's book/course is "Start Here: Python 3x Programming, Made Fun and Easier." It introduces software design and makes everything very simple to understand. http://www.quantumsight.mobi

Jody

New Python book, "Learn Python Quickly" John Rowland Python 0 03-16-2013 03:28 PM
Re: What is the best book to learn Python from Perl and C++ background nn Python 0 03-04-2011 07:57 PM
Best book to learn XSLT F P XML 1 12-30-2008 04:42 PM
best book to learn web services Yamin Java 3 07-11-2006 08:53 AM
Newbie:Which JS version to learn/Which DOM level? Patrick Javascript 0 09-01-2003 03:11 PM

Advertisments