Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Extreme example of html soup

Extreme example of html soup

cwdjrxyz

See http://www.skysports.com/sportzine and validate it at the W3C html
and css validators.
This is the worst case of "html soup" I can remember seeing in recent
years.There are 2587 lines of code. There are 126 html errors and 65
warnings. But it gets much worse, there are 543 css errors. And then
there are tons of flash that some of you "admire" so much . Someone
in a Mozilla group was having a problem viewing this page on several
browsers.

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)

cwdjrxyz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> See http://www.skysports.com/sportzine and validate it at the W3C html
> and css validators.
> This is the worst case of "html soup" I can remember seeing in recent
> years.

And there is so much competition for soup! <g>

--
dorayme

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed cwdjrxyz <(E-Mail Removed)>
writing in news:07927161-90c5-4deb-a196-961696b41e54@
32g2000yqz.googlegroups.com:

> See http://www.skysports.com/sportzine and validate it at the W3C html
> and css validators.
> This is the worst case of "html soup" I can remember seeing in recent
> years.There are 2587 lines of code. There are 126 html errors and 65
> warnings. But it gets much worse, there are 543 css errors. And then
> there are tons of flash that some of you "admire" so much . Someone
> in a Mozilla group was having a problem viewing this page on several
> browsers.

I dunno, Yahoo does a lot worse, HTML5 with 987 lines of code, 208 HTML
errors (some pretty severe), and 301 CSS errors (so bad the validator
choked and I almost had to kill Opera).

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services