Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > gigaset.net, how do you actually use it?

gigaset.net, how do you actually use it?

alexd

Meanwhile, at the uk.telecom.voip Job Justification Hearings,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) chose the tried and tested strategy of:

> Finding one's number is the difficult bit, and yet again I can't work
> out how to do that. The gigaset.net website is wholly useless on that
> front.

How about a polite email to Siemens? You never know, they might just update
their website based on consumer feedback. Bit of long shot for a
multinational conglomerate, but nothing ventured, nothing gained, eh?

20:55:53 up 8 days, 3:42, 8 users, load average: 0.01, 0.05, 0.27
-- Andrew Crossley, ACS:Law, 13 August 2010

trolleybus trolleybus is offline
Junior Member
Location: Guildford

Arriving on the screen two years later but there might still be interest in this thread.

As for finding your own number give this a try: Dial 11188#9
It will display your number and nickname.

Each Gigaset device seems to come with a number on gigaset.net - I was wondering if you can apply/obtain an addition number on that domain to add to a non Gigaset piece of kit? Clearly to use with a SIP phone which might require additional information such as a password.

Any feedback would be welcomed.

DCB