Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > VPN Say NO To Xerobank

Reply
Thread Tools

VPN Say NO To Xerobank

 
 
DasFox
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-22-2011
For all the information I've shared over Cryptohippie, Xerobank and
Metropipe, you'd THINK some people would learn by now...!

But I guess not...

PEOPLE...I'd stay CLEAR of all 3 people...!

I've been looking at VPN services out there for years...

And then recently I've really been digging for the past 9 months...

One of the best, as far as being real, upfront and seeing that it's
the real deal you can trust is Bolehvpn...

www.Bolehvpn.com

The best thing I see they have going for them is a forum where the
owners participate...

Now I haven't used Bolehvpn...YET...

But when you see the OPEN community and participation and this REALITY
DO NOT pass up...

Also in this business of privacy and anonymity...LISTEN TO ME...

STAY AWAY from the big names like Xerobank...,WHY...?

Because well, LISTEN...they're known and they're a TARGET...

PEOPLE, if you're going to be a GEEK or call yourself GEEK or TECH...

Or dabble in my GEEK world then you need to PUT YOUR GEEK HAT on and
start learning to think and UNDESTAND MY world.

We're not shopping at the store here with Granny for sock hose...

But for a product and I see people here seem to be going about all
this just like they'd do something in the real world and it's not the
way you want to play this game on the internet, otherwise one day it
will BITE YOU...!...when THEY SHOW UP AT YOUR DOOR...!!!!!!!!
--
These are dark times, there is no denying. Our Tech world has perhaps
faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this to my
citizenry: I, ever your servant, will continue to defend your liberty
and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! I remain, strong.
https://groups.google.com/group/alt....6f94c317a526bd
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...9&postcount=25
Anybody with an internet connection, 5 grand, an iq above room
temperature and basic literacy can grow outstanding cannabis.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
caspian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-22-2011
On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 11:44:20 -0500, DasFox wrote:

> For all the information I've shared over Cryptohippie, Xerobank and
> Metropipe, you'd THINK some people would learn by now...!
>
> But I guess not...
>
> PEOPLE...I'd stay CLEAR of all 3 people...!
>
> I've been looking at VPN services out there for years...
>
> And then recently I've really been digging for the past 9 months...
>
> One of the best, as far as being real, upfront and seeing that it's
> the real deal you can trust is Bolehvpn...
>
> www.Bolehvpn.com
>
> The best thing I see they have going for them is a forum where the
> owners participate...
>
> Now I haven't used Bolehvpn...YET...
>
> But when you see the OPEN community and participation and this REALITY
> DO NOT pass up...
>
> Also in this business of privacy and anonymity...LISTEN TO ME...
>
> STAY AWAY from the big names like Xerobank...,WHY...?
>
> Because well, LISTEN...they're known and they're a TARGET...
>
> PEOPLE, if you're going to be a GEEK or call yourself GEEK or TECH...
>
> Or dabble in my GEEK world then you need to PUT YOUR GEEK HAT on and
> start learning to think and UNDESTAND MY world.
>
> We're not shopping at the store here with Granny for sock hose...
>
> But for a product and I see people here seem to be going about all
> this just like they'd do something in the real world and it's not the
> way you want to play this game on the internet, otherwise one day it
> will BITE YOU...!...when THEY SHOW UP AT YOUR DOOR...!!!!!!!!


I have kept Cryptohippo as a back-up account for a long time. They
are excellent. Good speeds. The exit node is Germany or Spain. And
they are a 3 hop bunny service. I use Xerobank primarily and sometimes
Cryptohippie, and every so often I use tor if I want a different IP.
That's what tor does. You pay for a year up front though. I think it's
35G a month for downloading. And it is $575 for a year.
--
A Billion for a Billion

http://tinyurl.com/5qk8kl
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
heirophant
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-23-2011
On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 18:25:33 -0500, nix wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 11:44:20 -0500, DasFox wrote:
>
>> The best thing I see they have going for them is a forum where the
>> owners participate...
>>
>> Now I haven't used Bolehvpn...YET...
>>
>> But when you see the OPEN community and participation and this REALITY
>> DO NOT pass up...
>>
>> Also in this business of privacy and anonymity...LISTEN TO ME...
>>
>> STAY AWAY from the big names like Xerobank...,

>
> DasFox, leave Stevie Topletz alone, My Wizard! He's as cute a around
> baby pumpkin and I could eat him up and, of course d-o-w-n.
>
> The fate of the free world hangs in the balance if Cutie Wizard is not
> stopped ;0)
>
> Seriously? He doesn't owe anybody any explanations about a proprietary
> product. Period (non menstrual? minstrel?) That is an issue separate
> and apart from customer service.
>
> If he wants to see them dance, he does something he figures will get
> right up their craw. The Wizard undoubtedly laughs his head off as he
> watches the reactions. For he knows that no matter how many problems
> a Xerobank customer may have, The Wizard and only My Wizard wields
> the ultimate power - he can ignore the cries for help and watch the
> poor customers twist in the wind. Ahh, the narcissistic drug of power
> over others!!!!!
>
> I.O.W. if he wants to treat his customers like **** it's his
> wizardry,,,
>
> No pussy for Foxie tonight? Or for PooseyII? Or PooseyEither??


I haven't been happy with having only the Montreal-Amsterdam route.
However, I've heard that the US nodes were taken down after complaints
to ISPs. And I get that the xB team has been working very hard on the
new Safehouse VM/OS, and on the new infrastructure to support it. I
suspect that patching the old system has been a low priority.

Although this has taken several years longer than initially promised,
that's not at all unusual in software development. Also, based on
discussions that I vaguely recall from the xB support forum, I believe
that xB management/funders have requested several new features that
have required considerable new effort. That's also not at all unusual
in software development. Emerging privacy/security threats have driven
some of that, I'm sure. I am doing my best to make Our Wizard look
like a wonderful guy.

Anyway, I haven't lost my faith in xB. Consider me a fool, if you
like. And BTW, I'm sure that our satirists on Wilders will have fun
with this at my expense. So it goes.

I'm too busy geolocating Frank "Ari" Camper to give six owl hoots ;0).
And, yes, DasFox, it is software development and yes, it might take
years too.
--
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
http://heresmypants.weebly.com/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Galicean
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-23-2011
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:06:32 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
Advisor (wink) wrote:

> Inactive nodes have been removed from the DNS. USA exit nodes taken
> offline during conversion to clarion network design. Upshoot - 1000
> Mbps dedicated USA entry node in Washington DC up, will push into DNS
> on Monday when keying is provisioned. Reconciliation of known DNS
> leaking hardened by introspective analogies.
>
> The suggested high availability routes to use at this time are
> Canada<->Netherlands. For users contact support who have comcast or
> sbcglobal addresses: the replies you have been sent are bouncing back
> due to blocklisting, we are setting up a new smtp relay just for
> official notices to resolve this issue. Anyone having unresolved
> support issues should email wizardsupport@xerobank. Have a nice
> weekend! Off to temple where the money is


None of your suggestions are working, you lying putz.

Only one route is working for me. Your support team keeps insisting
that these routes are up, but they are not. Wizard has been contacted
multiple times, is not replying, and is doing nothing to resolve the
problem.

Wizard, I am one of many who is having the same problems. You are
under-delivering your core services. Someone needs to contact me to
get this resolved. And don't send another Shylocking Jew.
--
G
 
Reply With Quote
 
heirophant
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-23-2011
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:06:32 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
Advisor (wink) wrote:

>> I'm too busy geolocating Frank "Ari" Camper to give six owl hoots ;0).
>> And, yes, DasFox, it is software development and yes, it might take
>> years too.

>
> Inactive nodes have been removed from the DNS. USA exit nodes taken
> offline during conversion to clarion network design. Upshoot - 1000
> Mbps dedicated USA entry node in Washington DC up, will push into DNS
> on Monday when keying is provisioned. Reconciliation of known DNS
> leaking hardened by introspective analogies.


Well, based on Steve's report that "USA exit nodes [were] taken
offline during conversion to clarion network design", it appears that
I heard wrong. I need to spend less time listening to nix and more
time trollhunting Frank Camper-Silverstein

> The suggested high availability routes to use at this time are
> Canada<->Netherlands. For users contact support who have comcast or
> sbcglobal addresses: the replies you have been sent are bouncing back
> due to blocklisting, we are setting up a new smtp relay just for
> official notices to resolve this issue. Anyone having unresolved
> support issues should email wizardsupport@xerobank. Have a nice
> weekend! Off to temple where the money is


Also, I was unclear. What I meant was that there had been complaints
to XeroBank's US ISP(s) -- not to XeroBank's customers' ISPs (which,
as you note, cannot be identified by observers of exit-node traffic).
Each XeroBank node must connect to the internet through an ISP. Of
course, I got this from nix so...;0)
--
(E-Mail Removed)
http://heremypants.weebly.com/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Galicean
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-23-2011
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:14:52 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
Advisor (wink) wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:10:02 -0500, Galicean wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:06:32 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
>> Advisor (wink) wrote:
>>
>>> Inactive nodes have been removed from the DNS. USA exit nodes taken
>>> offline during conversion to clarion network design. Upshoot - 1000
>>> Mbps dedicated USA entry node in Washington DC up, will push into DNS
>>> on Monday when keying is provisioned. Reconciliation of known DNS
>>> leaking hardened by introspective analogies.
>>>
>>> The suggested high availability routes to use at this time are
>>> Canada<->Netherlands. For users contact support who have comcast or
>>> sbcglobal addresses: the replies you have been sent are bouncing back
>>> due to blocklisting, we are setting up a new smtp relay just for
>>> official notices to resolve this issue. Anyone having unresolved
>>> support issues should email wizardsupport@xerobank. Have a nice
>>> weekend! Off to temple where the money is

>>
>> None of your suggestions are working, you lying putz.
>>
>> Only one route is working for me. Your support team keeps insisting
>> that these routes are up, but they are not. Wizard has been contacted
>> multiple times, is not replying, and is doing nothing to resolve the
>> problem.
>>
>> Wizard, I am one of many who is having the same problems. You are
>> under-delivering your core services. Someone needs to contact me to
>> get this resolved. And don't send another Shylocking Jew.

>
> Users don't have to do anything different or even know about it, just
> trust me or go blow it out your ass. It just works if it wasn't
> working before. For those it already worked for, it works better. For
> those it is working better, it will work great. For those who it is
> working great, it will work as well as a crucifixion on a cross. ;0)


Garbage. Garbage for your fanbois and fangrrls. seriously its getting
crappier than ever.....and super nonsense ......

for those few fanbois here...... u r blinded by "love".....
--
G
 
Reply With Quote
 
Galicean
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-27-2011
On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 19:34:51 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
Advisor (wink) wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:21:13 -0500, Galicean wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:14:52 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
>> Advisor (wink) wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:10:02 -0500, Galicean wrote:
>>>
>>>> On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:06:32 -0500, Steve Topletz, Wizard, Operations
>>>> Advisor (wink) wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Inactive nodes have been removed from the DNS. USA exit nodes taken
>>>>> offline during conversion to clarion network design. Upshoot - 1000
>>>>> Mbps dedicated USA entry node in Washington DC up, will push into DNS
>>>>> on Monday when keying is provisioned. Reconciliation of known DNS
>>>>> leaking hardened by introspective analogies.
>>>>>
>>>>> The suggested high availability routes to use at this time are
>>>>> Canada<->Netherlands. For users contact support who have comcast or
>>>>> sbcglobal addresses: the replies you have been sent are bouncing back
>>>>> due to blocklisting, we are setting up a new smtp relay just for
>>>>> official notices to resolve this issue. Anyone having unresolved
>>>>> support issues should email wizardsupport@xerobank. Have a nice
>>>>> weekend! Off to temple where the money is
>>>>
>>>> None of your suggestions are working, you lying putz.
>>>>
>>>> Only one route is working for me. Your support team keeps insisting
>>>> that these routes are up, but they are not. Wizard has been contacted
>>>> multiple times, is not replying, and is doing nothing to resolve the
>>>> problem.
>>>>
>>>> Wizard, I am one of many who is having the same problems. You are
>>>> under-delivering your core services. Someone needs to contact me to
>>>> get this resolved. And don't send another Shylocking Jew.
>>>
>>> Users don't have to do anything different or even know about it, just
>>> trust me or go blow it out your ass. It just works if it wasn't
>>> working before. For those it already worked for, it works better. For
>>> those it is working better, it will work great. For those who it is
>>> working great, it will work as well as a crucifixion on a cross. ;0)

>>
>> Garbage. Garbage for your fanbois and fangrrls. seriously its getting
>> crappier than ever.....and super nonsense ......
>>
>> for those few fanbois here...... u r blinded by "love".....

>
> Most issues users are experiencing are authfail. Authfail is returned
> for a few reasons, the first being you have no service tokens in your
> account, the second being that your tokens have expired (75GB/m,
> expire on day 30), you have a payment error, you haven't made a
> successful payment within 5 weeks (turboprivacy thus disabled)or blah
> blah blah you idiots will believe any bullshit I spew.
>
> Now, **** off and send money and STFU about not having service.


Hey, go ****** yourself, Shylock. Here's what your crappy-assed
service looks like, no auth fails, HookNose.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5...10126at321.png

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/1...10126at318.png

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1...10126at317.png

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1...10126at317.png
--
G
 
Reply With Quote
 
GraciasMan GraciasMan is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
 
      08-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasFox View Post
For all the information I've shared over Cryptohippie, Xerobank and
Metropipe, you'd THINK some people would learn by now...!
I have been using XeroBank for 2 years and I LOVE them! I used HMA, PureVPN, ViperVPN, and my own Squid servers prior and I have never even considered cancelling with XB. I am not sure where you get your info, but I would say that I am somewhat of an authority on privacy matters online and have been under constant attacks by haters for several years and XeroBank has never folded, never cancelled me, never gave up my data, et al. HMA did. They folded the minute that Spamhaus threatened them, but XB did not. So, I will say you have had a negative experience that I cannot relate to (that or you are promoting a VPN that you have interest in).
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trusting Xerobank? Look At Their Wiki Ari Silverstein Computer Security 9 01-21-2011 07:07 AM
You Say “Fragmentation”, I Say “Differentiation” Lawrence D'Oliveiro NZ Computing 2 10-06-2010 04:44 AM
VPN site to site & Remote access VPN ( vpn client) over the same interface pasatealinux Cisco 1 12-17-2007 07:41 PM
You say SIM, I say SEM Anon Computer Security 1 03-18-2006 01:49 PM
Cisco vpn server enabled / VPN and no-VPN connections mix Elise Cisco 6 05-22-2004 07:55 AM



Advertisments