Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Apple, never say die, you CAN protect the iPhone!

Apple, never say die, you CAN protect the iPhone!

RichA

John A.

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 22:14:37 -0800 (PST), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...le-remove.html

Meh. A quick google shopping search gives at least a couple sources
appropriate screwdrivers for only $6 or so.

Mike

On 22/01/2011 09:06, John A. wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 22:14:37 -0800 (PST), RichA<(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...le-remove.html

> Meh. A quick google shopping search gives at least a couple sources
> appropriate screwdrivers for only $6 or so.

It is annoying when manufacturers deliberately choose to use fixings
that you haven't got a tool for and you have to hunt around ebay to
find. Not to mention will only get used once.

If I've bought one of their overpriced products surely I'm entitled to
open it up at my own risk.

Mike

peter

On 1/22/2011 1:14 AM, RichA wrote:
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...le-remove.html

Your point is!

--
Peter

Bruce

RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...le-remove.html

Problem solved:

Pentalobe screwdriver GBP 5.99 on eBay (about US $10):
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=160534819392

Perhaps Rich, as a Canadian, is unaware of the pejorative term "Daily
Mail reader" which is used to describe people who read that UK tabloid
newspaper - or who frequent its web site - and respond with extreme
outrage, joy, anger, depression, disappointment, apoplexy, paranoia
.... [insert emotional response of choice here] ... when reading that
publication's sensationalist and often completely baseless articles.

RichA

On Jan 22, 1:34*pm, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...Apple-fits-iPh...

> Problem solved:
>
> Pentalobe screwdriver GBP 5.99 on eBay (about US $10):http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=160534819392
>
> Perhaps Rich, as a Canadian, is unaware of the pejorative term "Daily
> Mail reader" which is used to describe people who read that UK tabloid
> newspaper - or who frequent its web site - and respond with extreme
> outrage, joy, anger, depression, disappointment, apoplexy, paranoia
> ... [insert emotional response of choice here] ... when reading that
> publication's sensationalist and often completely baseless articles.

I hate Apple and the paranoid phonies who run it.

John A.

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:52:17 -0500, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 1/22/2011 4:25 AM, Mike wrote:
>> On 22/01/2011 09:06, John A. wrote:

>>> Meh. A quick google shopping search gives at least a couple sources
>>> appropriate screwdrivers for only $6 or so.

>> It is annoying when manufacturers deliberately choose to use fixings
>> that you haven't got a tool for and you have to hunt around ebay to
>> find. Not to mention will only get used once.

>For me it's very entertaining that the manufacturers actually think that
>changing the screws will keep people out. This delusional behavior is
>typical, though.

Well, it does serve to keep most of the people out who are probably
better off not getting in.

peter

On 1/23/2011 12:27 AM, RichA wrote:

> I hate Apple and the paranoid phonies who run it.

So don't buy Apple.
I see you're still the seeds of communism.

--
Peter

Mike

On 23/01/2011 15:55, John A. wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:52:17 -0500, Bowser<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> It is annoying when manufacturers deliberately choose to use fixings
>>> that you haven't got a tool for and you have to hunt around ebay to
>>> find. Not to mention will only get used once.

>> For me it's very entertaining that the manufacturers actually think that
>> changing the screws will keep people out. This delusional behavior is
>> typical, though.

> Well, it does serve to keep most of the people out who are probably
> better off not getting in.

True if you haven't got the wit to find a suitable tool on ebay then you
shouldn't open the damn thing up.

Just annoying that I would have to order one, no doubt dirt cheap from
china and have to wait weeks for delivery.

Ah well, I've parted ways with the Iphone in favour of android, with
standard phillips head screws.

Mike

GMAN

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, John A. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 10:52:17 -0500, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...s-iPhone-4-fix
>ings-impossible-remove.html

>>> It is annoying when manufacturers deliberately choose to use fixings
>>> that you haven't got a tool for and you have to hunt around ebay to
>>> find. Not to mention will only get used once.

>>For me it's very entertaining that the manufacturers actually think that
>>changing the screws will keep people out. This delusional behavior is
>>typical, though.

>Well, it does serve to keep most of the people out who are probably
>better off not getting in.

Agreed, nasty things happen when people fudge about with a Lithium Ion battery
pack.