Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: VGA vs HD video resolution on a P & S... How important...???

Re: VGA vs HD video resolution on a P & S... How important...???

BIG DAVE

Thanks for the replies. This is the camera I am thinking of getting. I am hoping this is a decent "entry level" point and shoot camera for my "basic" needs.

http://tinyurl.com/6eq6e4q

Now... keep in mind, this should certainly be an upgrade from the digital cameras I've had in years past, and BTW my previous high for megapixels was just 2MP.

Thanks..

DAVE

Dave Cohen

On 1/19/2011 7:54 PM, BIG DAVE wrote:
> Thanks for the replies. This is the camera I am thinking of getting. I am hoping this is a decent "entry level" point and shoot camera for my "basic" needs.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6eq6e4q
>
> Now... keep in mind, this should certainly be an upgrade from the digital cameras I've had in years past, and BTW my previous high for megapixels was just 2MP.
>
> Thanks..
>
> DAVE

I purchased a Canon A3100 IS after my previous camera failed. While
these small p&s's relying only on the LCD are very convenient and can be
carried in a pocket, I really had problems using the camera in bright
sunlight and got myself a Panasonic FZ35, a very nice camera with lots
of controls. Not all share my objections but it's something one should
take into consideration.