Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Simple lighting setups with flash

Simple lighting setups with flash

eNo

Some time ago, like one often reads in this and other photo groups, I
was of the opinion that I should avoid flash at all costs. It simply
wasn't possible to capture natural-looking photos unless one relied
exclusively on ambient/available light -- and for that, one best get
the fastest lens and highest ISO performance camera available. Who
could blame me for such an outlook? Everytime I used the built-in
flash in my camera, the results were a mess! And prior experience with
small, inflexible flash units didn't impress either.

I soon found out, though, that except for very special occasions, the
quality (color, direction) just wasn't there for a lot of the family
and friends events I photograph when I relied exclusively on available
light. During recent family and friends get-togethers, I've tried some
simple on/off-camera flash setups that you may want to try out. I am
encouraged with the results, some of which I sample here:

http://esfotoclix.com/blog1/?tag=Flash

~~~
eNo
http://esfotoclix.com

VPN3030 HA setups Martin Bilgrav Cisco 0 01-19-2006 08:34 AM
Studio Flash 'V' Dedicated Flash 'V' Video Lighting Russell Digital Photography 6 06-08-2005 11:17 AM
Sharing Mozilla setups -Mandrake Linux/Windows Hallvard Tangeraas Firefox 0 09-14-2004 11:03 AM
request.getServerName different values on similar setups Shabs Java 0 07-28-2004 07:10 PM
log4j Setups CrassMaster Java 0 12-19-2003 08:27 PM

Advertisments