Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > It's spreading.

It's spreading.

Nougat Surprise

http://www.againstmonopoly.org/index...56000000002641

Imagine my shock when I followed a link to this site and ran across the
tholenbot!

First usenet. Now blog comments. What's next, a guest appearance on the
Late Show?

"Barack Obama has polarized this nation!"

"What does your pontification have to do with OS/2, Leno?"

"The shooting in Tucson proves we need stricter gun control."

"Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim."

Lew

On 01/16/2011 04:27 PM, Nougat Surprise wrote:
> Imagine my shock when I followed a link to this site

PLONK on you!

--
Lew
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.

tholen@antispam.ham

Nougat Surprise <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

6> Newsgroups:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.pr ogrammer

6> Imagine my shock when I followed a link to this site and ran across
the
6> tholenbot!

Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

6> First usenet. Now blog comments. What's next, a guest appearance on
the
6> Late Show?

What does your question have to do with OS/2, Surprise?

6> "Barack Obama has polarized this nation!"

What does your quotation have to do with OS/2, Surprise?

6> "What does your pontification have to do with OS/2, Leno?"

Who allegedly authored that quotation, Surprise?

6> "The shooting in Tucson proves we need stricter gun control."

What does your quotation have to do with OS/2, Surprise?

6> "Classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim."

What does your quotation have to do with OS/2, Surprise?

6> ....

What does your ellipsis have to do with OS/2, Surprise?

tholen@antispam.ham

Lew <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

7> Newsgroups:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.pr ogrammer

7> PLONK on you!

What does your PLONK of Surprise have to do with OS/2, Lew?

Nougat Surprise

On 16/01/2011 6:12 PM, Lew wrote:
> On 01/16/2011 04:27 PM, Nougat Surprise wrote:
>> Imagine my shock when I followed a link to this site

> [implied insult deleted]

How rude.

Nougat Surprise

"Lew <(E-Mail Removed)> writes: [implied insult deleted]!
What does your [implied insult deleted] of Surprise have to do with
OS/2, Lew?"

Nothing important, since the implied insult in question is factually wrong.

tholen@antispam.ham

Nougat Surprise <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

7> Newsgroups:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.pr ogrammer

7> How rude.

What does Lew's rudeness have to do with OS/2, Surprise?

8> Newsgroups:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.pr ogrammer

8> Nothing important, since the implied insult in question is
factually wrong.

How can a PLONK be factually wrong, Surprise, and what does
your complaint have to do with OS/2?

Nougat Surprise

On 16/01/2011 9:44 PM, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> 8> Nothing important, since the implied insult in question is
> factually wrong.
>
> How can a PLONK be factually wrong, Surprise

That should be obvious, tholenbot. Suppose someone said "PLONK" to me
without actually killfiling me, tholenbot. Then the "PLONK" would be
factually wrong, tholenbot.

Furthermore, I never claimed a "PLONK" was factually wrong, tholenbot. I
claimed an implied insult was factually wrong, tholenbot. A "PLONK" may
have implied an insult, but that insult is then a separate thing from
the "PLONK" itself, tholenbot. For instance, the "I have killfiled you"
declarative meaning may be factually accurate, tholenbot, while at the
same time the "you write nothing worth reading" subtext may be
incorrect, tholenbot.

> and what does your complaint have to

<WHACK THOLEN BOT>

tholen@antispam.ham

Nougat Surprise <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

9> Newsgroups:
comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.pr ogrammer

9> That should be obvious, tholenbot.

Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

9> Suppose someone said "PLONK" to me
9> without actually killfiling me, tholenbot.

Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

9> Then the "PLONK" would be factually wrong, tholenbot.

Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

9> Furthermore, I never claimed a "PLONK" was factually wrong,
tholenbot.

Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

9> I claimed an implied insult was factually wrong, tholenbot.

Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

9> A "PLONK" may have implied an insult, but that insult is then a
9> separate thing from the "PLONK" itself, tholenbot.

Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

9> For instance, the "I have killfiled you" declarative meaning may
9> be factually accurate, tholenbot, while at the same time the
9> "you write nothing worth reading" subtext may be incorrect,
tholenbot.

Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

9> <WHACK THOLEN BOT>

Who is "THOLEN BOT", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
using that alias.

Sulfide Eater

> Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
> using that alias.

That's one.

> Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
> using that alias.

That's two.

> Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
> using that alias.

That's three.

> Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
> using that alias.

That's four.

> Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
> using that alias.

That's five.

> Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
> using that alias.

That's six.

> Who is "tholenbot", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
> using that alias.

That's seven.

> Who is "THOLEN BOT", Surprise? There is nobody in this newsgroup
> using that alias.

And that's eight.

Uh-oh. It looks like the tholenbot's hard disk is skipping again.
Someone whack the tholenbot to get it unstuck!