Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Historical species

Historical species

MC

bugbear wrote:

> > I have a feeling that Miguel understands, that while he uses flickr
> > as a tool to display his shots online, the gushing comments,
> > "awards", and saccharine praise are without value as a learning
> > tool. I feel he continues to participate in r.p.d. & a.p. because
> > even if there might be ridicule at times, there is also some
> > useful, honest feed back. If all he was looking for was silly
> > praise he would have abandoned the photo groups long ago, and stuck
> > with flickr and not learned anything.

> But I've never (ever) seen him respond to, or (sadly) benefit from
> detailed criticisms.
>
> He just posts shot after shot after shot, year after year, without
> appearing to learn.

And you can guarantee it will either be a "historical" tortoise, a
"historical" parrot, a "historical" flower, part of a "historical"
religious ceremony or the "historical" centre of Lima. Not only does
his technique not improve over time the subject matter never changes
either.

MC

MC

Wolfgang Weisselberg

MC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> bugbear wrote:

>> But I've never (ever) seen him respond to, or (sadly) benefit from
>> detailed criticisms.

> religious ceremony or the "historical" centre of Lima. Not only does
> his technique not improve over time the subject matter never changes
> either.

Maybe you should update your news server to receive new posts
instead of just copying old posts from years ago ... you old
brontosauruses are about to die out from overaged information.

-Wolfgang

MC

Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

> MC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > bugbear wrote:

> >> But I've never (ever) seen him respond to, or (sadly) benefit from
> >> detailed criticisms.

> > religious ceremony or the "historical" centre of Lima. Not only
> > does his technique not improve over time the subject matter never
> > changes either.

> Maybe you should update your news server to receive new posts
> instead of just copying old posts from years ago ... you old
> brontosauruses are about to die out from overaged information.
>
> -Wolfgang

??

MC

Wolfgang Weisselberg

MC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
>> MC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > religious ceremony or the "historical" centre of Lima. Not only
>> > does his technique not improve over time the subject matter never
>> > changes either.

>> Maybe you should update your news server to receive new posts
>> instead of just copying old posts from years ago ... you old
>> brontosauruses are about to die out from overaged information.

> ??

!!

-Wolfgang