Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Windows SP1 Leaked

Windows SP1 Leaked

Nathan Mercer

On Jan 23, 7:45*pm, Sweetpea <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 18:13:51 -0800, Nathan *Mercer wrote:
> > Until Microsoft has decided that the Service Pack is of high quality to
> > sign off on and release, its not finished

> > And SP1 is not signed off on yet, which is why its not finished or
> > released.

> You can't be sure that someone else took a copy of that software and
> didn't release it to someone outside of Micro$oft.

Regardless, its not declared done until its final and it is not signed
off as final yet

Are you so thick that you cannot grasp this concept, that the team
that owns developing the Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 haven't declared
it as finished yet?

> You can't also be sure that it wasn't deliberately released
> "unofficially" by senior Micro$oft executives, given that they're on
> public record as having deliberately lied to their staff about what
> they're doing or planning.

I think you mean, you also can't be sure...

Nathan Mercer

On Jan 23, 7:37*pm, Sweetpea <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> I wouldn't be so stupid as to install any Micro$oft software onto any
> >> computer that I own!

> >> I would suggest that you should use secure, reliable software that you
> >> get from a trustworthy source - not from Micro$oft.

> > Why bother replying to this thread then?

> Indeed. Why would someone be so stupid as to work for Micro$oft?

For the same reason that most of us work, to live.

Dave Doe

In article <b87e91dc-7dc5-4eb7-a93b-
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), Nathan
Mercer says...

> > > Why bother replying to this thread then?

> > Indeed. Why would someone be so stupid as to work for Micro$oft?

> For the same reason that most of us work, to live.

Would you please put "Sweetpea" in your bozo bin - problem solved.

--
Duncan.

Sweetpea

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 00:17:16 -0800, Nathan Mercer wrote:

>> Indeed. Why would someone be so stupid as to work for Micro$oft?

> For the same reason that most of us work, to live.

But you don't need to work for such a hideous corporation as Micro$oft.

You can work to live by working for a much better company - any company -
than Micro$oft.

Sweetpea

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 00:13:07 -0800, Nathan Mercer wrote:

>> You can't be sure that someone else took a copy of that software and
>> didn't release it to someone outside of Micro$oft.

> Regardless, its not declared done until its final and it is not signed
> off as final yet
>
> Are you so thick that you cannot grasp this concept, that the team that
> owns developing the Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 haven't declared it as
> finished yet?

How many versions of MS-DOS were released before their developers had
declared them finished?

Nathan Mercer

On Jan 23, 9:32*pm, Dave Doe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article <b87e91dc-7dc5-4eb7-a93b-
> (E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed), Nathan *
> Mercer says...

> > > Indeed. Why would someone be so stupid as to work for Micro$oft?

> > For the same reason that most of us work, to live.

> Would you please put "Sweetpea" in your bozo bin - problem solved.

any idea how to do that in Dejanews AKA Google Groups? Can't see a
killfile option anywhere

William Brown

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 00:16:05 +1300, Ralph Fox <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 21:14:53 +1300, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>
>William Brown wrote:
>
>> No Typo should Read ANY Java news reader..?

>There is MobileNews. I have not tried it so I can't say how good it is.
>http://mobilenews.sourceforge.net/

Hi Ralph this one works OK even with a touch screen, but its Only a
reader.

>There are several other Java newsreader projects listed at
>http://www.newsreaders.com/others/clients.html

None of these seem to be for a Generic Java

>Some of these projects do not appear to be completed.
>Also, not all of these projects are intended to run on mobile phones.
>

>> May be Agent should make a Mobile news reader..
>>
>> Opera & Skype do Mobile versions.

Ralph Fox

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 18:23:52 +1300, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>
William Brown wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 00:16:05 +1300, Ralph Fox <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 21:14:53 +1300, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >William Brown wrote:
> >
> >> No Typo should Read ANY Java news reader..?

> >There is MobileNews. I have not tried it so I can't say how good it is.
> >http://mobilenews.sourceforge.net/

> Hi Ralph this one works OK even with a touch screen, but its Only a
> reader.

Thanks for the update.

> >There are several other Java newsreader projects listed at
> >http://www.newsreaders.com/others/clients.html

> None of these seem to be for a Generic Java

Most of them do seem to be for a standard Java (J2SE).
But to run on a mobile phone, you need one written specifically for Java Mobile Edition (J2ME).

MobileNews is in the list, and it is written specifically for Java Mobile Edition (J2ME).

--
Regards
Ralph