Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: How to look like a geek while shooting

Re: How to look like a geek while shooting

Kevin McMurtrie

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Unless of course it's for videography. Then no one bothers to notice you
> look like an oddball while shooting.
>
> http://dpreview.com/news/1101/110113...v55monitor.asp

It's a good chunk of angular mass to steady the lens, at least in the
up/down direction
--
I will not see posts or email from Google because I must filter them as spam

J. Clarke

In article <4d2ff31c$0$22110$(E-Mail Removed)>,

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Unless of course it's for videography. Then no one bothers to notice you
> > look like an oddball while shooting.
> >
> > http://dpreview.com/news/1101/110113...v55monitor.asp

> It's a good chunk of angular mass to steady the lens, at least in the
> up/down direction

Makes it _much_ easier to use a Steadicam, especially the homebrew
clones that don't come with a monitor.

Rich

On Jan 14, 1:54*am, Kevin McMurtrie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>
> *Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Unless of course it's for videography. *Then no one bothers to notice you
> > look like an oddball while shooting. *

> >http://dpreview.com/news/1101/110113...v55monitor.asp

> It's a good chunk of angular mass to steady the lens, at least in the
> up/down direction
> --
> I will not see posts or email from Google because I must filter them as spam

I did some experiments on that. Up to a point, weight added does
damp-out higher-frequency vibrations, but after adding too much, it
will induce vibrations in your arms. There's a fine line and it's
different for everyone.