Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > [OT] C Programmer Driven Insane by Excel VBA

[OT] C Programmer Driven Insane by Excel VBA

Robert Latest

Hi guys,

in 25 years I've come across quite a few more (Bourne sh) or less (C, Python)
brain-damaged programming languages. Two days ago I started to tackle Visual
Basic (being locked into a Windows-only Excel-mostly environment, job-wise). It
boggles the mind.

I just had to vent this.

robert

bert

On Jan 13, 7:01*pm, Robert Latest <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> in 25 years I've come across quite a few more (Bourne sh) or less (C, Python)
> brain-damaged programming languages. Two days ago I started to tackle Visual
> Basic (being locked into a Windows-only Excel-mostly environment, job-wise). It
> boggles the mind.
>
> I just had to vent this.

Clearly this is a highly personal reaction.

I spent over a decade programming in both VB and C.
There was an occasional hiccup by using the wrong
idiom just after changing from one to the other,
but generally I got along just fine. I actually
found VB the easier of the two languages in which
to consistently churn out code which was neat,
readable, well-structured, and verifiably correct.