Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Getting Stuff Off An Ipod Touch

Getting Stuff Off An Ipod Touch

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

While my mother was staying with me, I loaded up her Ipod Touch with various
video and music items. Now that she’s gone back, her grandson tells her he’s
unable to save the stuff off the Ipod onto a Windows PC. So he has to play
it as it is, and presumably at some point once he turns Apple’s Itunes loose
on it, all the stuff I’ve put there will be wiped.

But I’ve heard someone else say that Apple’s Itunes does indeed let you copy
stuff off an Ipod onto a PC.

Is that right? Or is there some other Windows software that will do the job?

Alternatively, I could give my brother a crash course in booting up Linux
and using the tools that I used to access the Ipod here...

Another Me

> While my mother was staying with me, I loaded up her Ipod Touch with various
> video and music items. Now that she’s gone back, her grandson tells her he’s
> unable to save the stuff off the Ipod onto a Windows PC. So he has to play
> it as it is, and presumably at some point once he turns Apple’s Itunes loose
> on it, all the stuff I’ve put there will be wiped.
>
> But I’ve heard someone else say that Apple’s Itunes does indeed let you copy
> stuff off an Ipod onto a PC.
>
> Is that right? Or is there some other Windows software that will do the job?
>
> Alternatively, I could give my brother a crash course in booting up Linux
> and using the tools that I used to access the Ipod here...

iTunes will allow you to pull back media purchased from iTunes, for
other media you need to use a third party tool.

victor

On 13/01/2011 9:23 p.m., Another Me wrote:
> On 13/01/11 6:46 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> While my mother was staying with me, I loaded up her Ipod Touch with
>> various
>> video and music items. Now that she’s gone back, her grandson tells
>> her he’s
>> unable to save the stuff off the Ipod onto a Windows PC. So he has to
>> play
>> it as it is, and presumably at some point once he turns Apple’s Itunes
>> loose
>> on it, all the stuff I’ve put there will be wiped.
>>
>> But I’ve heard someone else say that Apple’s Itunes does indeed let
>> you copy
>> stuff off an Ipod onto a PC.
>>
>> Is that right? Or is there some other Windows software that will do
>> the job?
>>
>> Alternatively, I could give my brother a crash course in booting up Linux
>> and using the tools that I used to access the Ipod here...

> iTunes will allow you to pull back media purchased from iTunes, for
> other media you need to use a third party tool.

Apple is trying to protect copyright holders from LDO's piracy.

How to convert DVD and video to iPod touch, iPod classic, iPod nano,iPod video? maysefooters DVD Video 0 12-29-2007 10:10 AM
How to convert DVD and video to iPod touch, iPod classic, iPod nano,iPod video? maysefooters DVD Video 0 12-29-2007 10:09 AM
python network access restriccion in ipod touch/iphone? dvd Python 0 11-24-2007 01:13 AM
iPod Touch Review Ian Front Page News 0 09-17-2007 11:30 AM
FileUtils.touch not consistent with system('touch') Han Holl Ruby 4 10-12-2006 05:36 AM

Advertisments