Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > installing Apache, etc. on Vista 32 bit

installing Apache, etc. on Vista 32 bit

sinnersprayer sinnersprayer is offline
Junior Member

For developing web apps I have been an IIS guy for several years and am now wanting to install apache, php, mysql, phpmyadmin, sqlbuddy, etc.
I tried installing wampserver and each time that I would try to open wampserver I would get a pcl error for php. I looked over the appcrash details and really didn't get anywhere with that. What would be the best way to install Apache and other software mentioned above on Vista? anyhelp is appreciated.

patriic48@gmail.com patriic48@gmail.com is offline
Junior Member
Location: Middle Sweden

Cleanse the computer from scratch and check which versions can be used for your system. 32bit or 64bit. Latest of course.

1 - Install all microsoft packaged including .netFramework.
2 - Download Wamp with the right packages.
3 - Install Wamp.
4 - Goto Wamp/www directory and place a test.php file there.

5 - Save as "test.php" all files in Notes. Code in test.php should be:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

6 - In the web-browser: Type "localhost" without " ".

If success, phpinfo page are shown.

Regards / patriic48