Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: USB3 or e-SATA??

Re: USB3 or e-SATA??

Kele

I recently shopped for an external drive case for Christmas concerning a
laptop with an eSATA port. You're right, there aren't both eSATA and USB3
equipped cases yet (I found one no name-brand only). I feel eSATA will go
obsolete in favor of the more well known USB name. The speed are pretty
close; eSATA only slightly faster that USB3 - but not enough for eSATA to
get a better hold in the market and become wide-spread I'm afraid. Looking
at a few brands for external drives, it already seems the newest include
USB3 but not eSATA or eSATA is now only available in the highest capacity
offerings. Laptop express cards for USB3 are already more available than
eSATA. This is why I think if you want to use the eSATA capability of an
existing system, move to obtain any necessary eSATA peripherals fairly soon.
Don't forget USB3 capability requires a USB3 cable. I understand that USB3
ports will be color coded blue as standard.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
Hi, I'd like to buy a new PC and I'd like to know if it is better to
buy a case and motherboard with USB3 or e-SATA port.
Why many new and expensive cases have e-SATA port but don't have USB3
port? In your opinion, what is better please?
I'm sorry my inexperience.