Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Running two sites at same time.

Running two sites at same time.

Deebrief

Sometimes I need to go back and forwards between 2 sites online. However for
some reason I cannot do this now as when I open the second site the first
closes off !!!!!!!

What settings do I need to amend this .

Thanks

Dee

Jeff Strickland

"Deebrief" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TZZWo.9433$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> Sometimes I need to go back and forwards between 2 sites online. However
> for some reason I cannot do this now as when I open the second site the
> first closes off !!!!!!!
>
> What settings do I need to amend this .
>

> Thanks
>

> Dee

With IE8, or IE7, you can open a tab for one site, open a second tab to the
second site, then select the tabs as needed. If the two sites are ones you
always use, you can make them the Home Page for the two tabs, and each time
you start IE, the pages will be loaded into the respective tabs.

You can always -- in any version of IE -- open an instance of IE, navigate
to the site, then open another instance or IE and navigate to the second
site, then select the instance of IE from the Task Manager. I used this
method until I finally got onboard with Tabbed Browsing. I resisted FireFox
and IE7, but finally caved and installed IE8 and adopted the tab-stragegy. I
have three homepages that each starts everytime I open IE, and I move from
one to the other pretty much constantly.

You can open as many tabs as you want. Well, there is a limit of 255, but
for any practical measure this should be more than you want.