Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > PJL

loial

Anyone got any experience of send PJL commands to a printer using
Python on Unix?

Emile van Sebille

On 1/10/2011 6:12 AM loial said...
> Anyone got any experience of send PJL commands to a printer using
> Python on Unix?

Are you having trouble? PJL is sent like any other text...

Emile

loial

Thanks for responding..

First question...how do I send it to the printer? Printer would be
on the network.

Emile van Sebille

On 1/10/2011 7:06 AM loial said...
> Thanks for responding..
>
> First question...how do I send it to the printer? Printer would be
> on the network.

Start here:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pyt...er/000567.html

The middle article covers accessing the printer.

Emile

loial

Thank you. I was able to send the following PJL to the printer and it
worked.

@PJL STMSG DISPLAY = "Hello from John"

Do you have any experience handling PJL responses from the
printer?...What I really want to do is get PJL information back from
the printer and read it in python(or some other Unix scripting tool)