Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > HTTP SOAP/HTTP GET/HTTP POST

HTTP SOAP/HTTP GET/HTTP POST

milan_9211 milan_9211 is offline
Junior Member

Hi,
I created my first web service 2 days ago in VS 2008 and was thinking about consuming it when I came across the following questions about web services:

1) My web service Test Invocation page(canned page which comes as a part of .NET framework) does not displays any sample HTTP GET request\response messages. The only messages it displays are of HTTP POST, SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2 . Shall I assume that web services are some how not encouraging the use of HTTP GET protocol for calling them?

2) To make an HTTP-POST call through browser, I created a sample html page. Can I do the same to make sample HTTP-SOAP call as well? If yes, would the response be in SOAP format? Can anyone send me such an html page.

3) How do we send Host Header information while make a call to web service through a browser?

4) Why do we call it a 'HTTP-SOAP' call when we make a call to web service using POST method(<form method='post'/>)?

5) Why HTTP-SOAP takes precedence over HTTP-GET and HTTP-POST?

Thanks and Regards'
Milan Rawat

Http post and http get n3d!m Python 2 02-06-2012 09:18 PM
How to send a http::get or http::post with a cookie? mrpink Ruby 2 04-22-2007 07:57 AM
Why getInputStream in a http servlet request isn't getting the datasent by browser HTTP POST action? James Java 3 11-25-2005 11:17 PM
HTTP GET vs HTTP POST protocol serge calderara ASP .Net Web Services 1 11-04-2005 01:27 PM
How to enter to .aspx page by http connection using http POST request farazkazmi@gmail.com Java 6 08-29-2005 02:58 PM

Advertisments