Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Code for Chinese period mark

Code for Chinese period mark

Fulio Open

Hello:

The period mark for Chinese is a small circle. I copied this symbol
( 。) to my text editor, and it displays well on the web page. But I
like to know its code, either name or number. Thanks a lot for your
help.

fulio pen

Jukka K. Korpela

Fulio Open wrote:

> The period mark for Chinese is a small circle. I copied this symbol
> ( 。) to my text editor, and it displays well on the web page. But I
> like to know its code, either name or number.

IDEOGRAPHIC FULL STOP U+3002

A simple way to find out such things, assuming you’re using a reasonably new
version of Windows: cut and paste the text in WordPad, place the cursor
right after the character and h*t Alt+X. The character gets converted to its
Unicode number in hex, in this case 3002.

Then check http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/xxxx/ where xxxx is
the number, in this case http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/3002/

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Fulio Open

On Jan 9, 11:50*pm, "Jukka K. Korpela" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Fulio Open wrote:
> > The period mark for Chinese is a small circle. I copied this symbol
> > ( 。) to my text editor, and it displays well on the web page. But *I
> > like to know its code, either name or number.

> IDEOGRAPHIC FULL STOP U+3002
>
> A simple way to find out such things, assuming you’re using a reasonably new
> version of Windows: cut and paste the text in WordPad, place the cursor
> right after the character and h*t Alt+X. The character gets converted to its
> Unicode number in hex, in this case 3002.
>
> Then checkhttp://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/xxxx/where xxxx is
> the number, in this casehttp://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/3002/
>
> --
> Yucca,http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/