Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Saving user data between requstes

Saving user data between requstes

RA

Hi

I use ASP.net with c#. The web application is hosted by a web host provider.
The application gets user information for order processing. The information
should be moved from one aspx page to the other until the user choose to
submit the order. The order process has about 4 aspx pages. What will be the
best way to keep the user data between the pages considering the following:
1) User might not have cookies enabled
2) I have no control on the IIS (managed by the web host provider)
3) I can use the sql server provided by the web host
4) Since it is user data it might have sensitive data

Thanks

Jose Marcenaro

I would go for SQL based data, either as:
- custom tables referenced by a custom session ID, which you could pass
between pages as request argument
- SQL-based Session object

Anyway, you'll find a better discussion of this issues in the "Managing
State in Web Applicactions" chapter of the "Design and Implementation
Guidelines for Web Clients" reference guide.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...forwc-ch05.asp

That's "free but very valuable" material provided by Microsoft's
"Prescriptive Arquitecture Guidance" group (PAG), lots of stuff available in
their site www.microsoft.com/practices

Regards
Jose

"RA" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
news:u3d$2AU$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I use ASP.net with c#. The web application is hosted by a web host

provider.
> The application gets user information for order processing. The

information
> should be moved from one aspx page to the other until the user choose to
> submit the order. The order process has about 4 aspx pages. What will be

the
> best way to keep the user data between the pages considering the

following:
> 1) User might not have cookies enabled
> 2) I have no control on the IIS (managed by the web host provider)
> 3) I can use the sql server provided by the web host
> 4) Since it is user data it might have sensitive data
>

> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=

Hello mate

I would hold the details in the SiteIdentity. Extend this and add all you own bits (email, acct, etc), then you can refer to it anywhere

Jon