Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: OT: Deleting threads in Thunderbird?

Re: OT: Deleting threads in Thunderbird?

Mike

If you just don't want to see it anymore, tell Thunderbird to ignore the
thread. It is under the message menu.

On 1/5/2011 10:43 AM, Bowser wrote:
> Does anyone know how to delete threads in Thunderbird? I try, but it
> says I can't cancel threads I didn't create. Makes no sense...

tony cooper

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 16:02:04 -0500, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 1/5/2011 1:32 PM, Paul Furman wrote:
>> Bowser wrote:
>>>
>>> Tried that. It puts a red circle next to it, but the thread/message is
>>> still there.

>> Tap the 'K' key to ignore a thread, also be sure that's filtered out in
>> the view (unchecked):
>>
>> View > Threads > Ignored

>That worked, but I have to restart the program to make them vanish. I
>guess I'll live with that. Windows Live was a nightmare (shocking!!!)
>and Agent is clumsy for reading threads. But Agent is killer for binaries.

Agent is clumsy at reading threads? If you think so, you must have
different settings than I do. Do you have "sort messages by thread"
set?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

tony cooper

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 19:01:31 -0500, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 1/5/2011 6:35 PM, tony cooper wrote:

>>> That worked, but I have to restart the program to make them vanish. I
>>> guess I'll live with that. Windows Live was a nightmare (shocking!!!)
>>> and Agent is clumsy for reading threads. But Agent is killer for binaries.

>> Agent is clumsy at reading threads? If you think so, you must have
>> different settings than I do. Do you have "sort messages by thread"
>> set?
>>

>Yes, the threads appear normally, but I get annoyed by having to double
>click every damned message to see it appear. Unless I've missed a
>setting that tells it to retrieve a message body when you click the heading.

I don't have to do that. My settings are to Show All Unread (already
read messages do not show) and I click the "View Next Unread Message"
icon once on the tool bar to open the next message. To refresh the
list, I click the "Get New Headers in Subscribed Groups" icon.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida