Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: How do I find out what company's server a web site is on?

Re: How do I find out what company's server a web site is on?

Bert Hyman

In news:(E-Mail Removed)

> Thanks

Two steps will often get you there.

Since you're apparently using some flavor of Windows, open a command
prompt window and do

nslookup <website.host.name>

Take note of the IP address that's returned.

Then, go to http://www.internic.net/whois.html and enter the IP address.

If you want to know the ID of the entity that owns the Web site, rather
than who owns the server, just enter the Web site's host name here,
rather than the IP address.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)