Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem selecting a member in the group

Problem selecting a member in the group

Edu

I canīt select the checkbox of a member to change its settings. The
member has been banned by mistake, and trying to unbanned him this
problem arised.
What can I do?

This member is "owner", posting "allowed" but when going to "edit", it
says:
Subscription type This user is a non-member owner and will not receive
email.

Thanks.

richard

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 13:39:23 -0800 (PST), Edu wrote:

> I canīt select the checkbox of a member to change its settings. The
> member has been banned by mistake, and trying to unbanned him this
> problem arised.
> What can I do?
>
> This member is "owner", posting "allowed" but when going to "edit", it
> says:
> Subscription type This user is a non-member owner and will not receive
> email.
>
> Thanks.

Would be nice to know more details. Like what software is being used and
where? hosted internet site or company intranet?
This newsgroup is not associated with any business, hosting company, or any
software.

Whiskers

On 2011-01-04, Edu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I canÂīt select the checkbox of a member to change its settings. The
> member has been banned by mistake, and trying to unbanned him this
> problem arised.
> What can I do?
>
> This member is "owner", posting "allowed" but when going to "edit", it
> says:
> Subscription type This user is a non-member owner and will not receive
> email.
>
> Thanks.

Making a wild guess that you're talking about a "Google Group" web forum,
if the obvious place to go for help
<http://groups.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=9248>
doesn't help, try the 'Contacting Us' link at the bottom of that page.

But that doesn't seem to be any help at all though. Hmmm. How about the
Google Groups Help Forum? "You can still search within this forum, but
will not be able to post anything new" so possibly not terribly helpful.
<http://groups.google.com/group/Googl...e=HC&utm_mediu
m=leftnav&utm_campaign=groups>.

You could try the 'feedback' form to submit a 'bug' I suppose
<http://groups.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=groups_feedback>

One might start to get the feeling that Google don't actually want to get
involved with actual users.

(This is a usenet newsgroup, nothing at all to do with Google; they just
include a lot of usenet newsgroups in their Google Groups web forum
interface to make it look as though there are more Google Groups than
there really are).

Newcomers to newsgroups should start here

<http://computer.howstuffworks.com/newsgroup.htm>

and here

<http://www.anta.net/misc/nnq/>, the Official Home Page of the
newsgroup called news.newusers.questions.

--
-- Whiskers